Chap 54

(I truly am sorry for not updating for 3 days- I had massive writer's block

Don't worry, I'll update daily from now on)

Annabeth's pov:

Piper seemed hesitant at first when I asked her. To be honest, although Piper's the daughter of every teen girls 'hearth rob' (Drew's words, not mine), she was anything but a stereotypical girly girl. For starters, she would wear the most used up clothes, yet no matter how hard that girl tried, she still looked amazing. I often wondered how she could be able to plait her hair with a feather and be so choppy, yet look so nice. A trait that I was deeply jealous of, due to my never ending mass of curls on my head.

"Why?" Piper asked, a smile on her face. I had a strange feeling she knew.

"Percy ask-"

"You're going on a date with Percy!" She did a small victory dance, either too oblivious or not caring enough to avoid the stares of people walking by.

I glared. "Tell it to the whole world, now don't you?"

Piper realised she was in public, and evidently stopped. "Right."

I smiled. "Now, was that a yes or a no about the hair?"

Piper thought for a second as I watched the busy streets and the bright yellow taxis that drove past me. "To be honest Annabeth, I feel like you don't need to do anything with your hair."

"You think?" I asked, looking down at my curls. Sure, I hated makeup, but that didn't mean I did not care about my appearance.

"Honestly Annabeth, your hair is fine." She rolled her eyes.

I sighed. "Ok then, I guess I'll just keep it up in its usual ponytail."

Piper made a face at me. "Let your hair out for once," she sighed. "I don't think I've ever seen it out before."

I shrugged. "What if we're doing something dangerous, and the hair gets into my face and I- Gods forbid, I die?"

Piper started laughing, not the normal light hearted one, but the cackling witch kind that you saw on stupid kid shows. "What's so funny?" I asked.

She stopped, starting to breathe again. "You always think for the worst, you know? So much that it's funny."

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes, then waved my hands in front of the door. "Oh look! We're here."

Piper smiled at me knowingly, then grabbed her key and opened the door, a smile still held on her face when she set down her bag on the couch opposite us.

"What?" I asked. "Why are you smiling so much?"

Piper put a hand on to her chest and gasped. "Am I not allowed to smile?"

"Just tell me Piper."

"Everything is just so perfect!" She fell onto the couch, acting like a girl in a cliché love story. "It turned from super bad to bloody amazing!"

I smiled at her. "Yeah well, for you at least."

Piper stopped hugging the couch, and stared at me concerned. "What's not perfect about your life? Kronos is gone."

I sighed. "Family problems. They're the worst, you know?"

Piper nodded, knowing what I meant. I mean, her dad and her's relationship weren't exactly on good terms. For instance, Piper had been excluded out of numerous schools just to get her father's attention. And even then, it was through her father's assistant- who mind you, hated Piper. So yeah, Piper did understand.

She sat next to me, her voice soft. "Was it Helen again?"

I shrugged. "I mean, I'd like to say it was Helen, but it was my dad. Had the nerve to kick me out of home, and tell me through the use of a socially awkward man."

Piper stifled a laugh. "Socially awkward man?"

I laughed too. "He didn't tell me his name, and through him constantly biting his nails and looking down at the floor- he's socially awkward."

"You know what that means?" Piper asked.

I looked back at her, turning my head to the side.

She smiled, "it means you're a socially awkward person."

I threw the nearest pillow at her face, unfortunately, she ducked. "Hey! I don't bite my nails, I bite my lip. Those are two different things."

Piper raised her eyebrows. "Yeah, sure."

I then threw another pillow at her, and she threw hers at me at the same time. We both smiled and I raised my eyebrows as if saying, it's on.

Piper shrugged, smiling smugly. Right there, I threw the pillow at her face, and the pillow fight started.

. . .

"Gods, I'm so tired." I said, hands on my knees. Piper was of the same state.

"I totally won." She said, crossing her arms.

I laughed, though it was kind of hard whilst trying to breathe normally. "No, you didn't. Your pillow barely touched me."

Piper scoffed. "It really did."

"It really didn't," I said. "Now come on, I need to check if Percy messaged me."

"Ooh, getting really desperate now, are we?" She said, wiggling her eyebrows. She spent so much time with Leo, that Latino elf was starting to rub off on her.

My ears tinged red, thank the Gods I had decided to let my hair out. "No! I need to see if he texted me what day we're going."

Piper walked over to the kitchen, muttering, "excuses, excuses."

I grabbed my phone, choosing to ignore her last comment and deciding to read my last few messages.

Percy: What about tomorrow? Around 5pm if u like.

He sent me this about 30 minutes ago.

I quickly replied with a, 'sure, but where are we going?'

About 5 minutes later, Percy replied. 'How about that new movie coming out?'

I smiled to myself, I loved watching movies.

I replied back, 'that'd be great, but it better not be a marvel film. I still haven't recovered.'

Percy: lol, it won't be. I'll pick you up around 4:30 pm?

I replied with a thumbs up emoticon,  not being bothered to type.

I had realised another message had been sent to me, from an unknown message.

Hey Annabeth, I'll tell when you're most happy. Just remember that, hon.

My face turned ghostly pale as I read that message. Out of anger, I threw my phone hard onto the couch. Not on the floor no, that's too much of a punishment.

"What was that noise?" Piper called from the kitchen.

"Nothing."