Chap 9

Annabeth's pov:

*1 month since Annabeth becomes friends with the others*

Piper texted me yesterday, saying if I wanted to date Percy ... NO.

I mean yeah, he's cute and funny but very obnoxious.

All he can talk about is the water ... or Rachel.

I'm suprised he doesn't have a crush on her!

I really think that he's trying to avoid me, I mean our average conversation would be this:

Me: Hey Percy
Percy: Hey ... have you seen Rachel?
Me: No bu-
Percy: *leaves*
Me: Wow ...

It's been going on for a while now and I flipping hate it.

So I decided that I'm going to confront Percy.

Taking out my phone, I quickly texted Percy to meet me at the park.

Not bothering to check what he wrote, I sped walk to the park hoping he came.

"Hey Annabeth, why'd you want me here?" He asked, rubbing the back of his head.

I rolled my eyes."We need to talk." Gesturing to the park bench, I sat down, Percy quickly doing the same.

Percy spoke up. "Is this about Rachel, because yeah I do like her, and I get you might be jealous bu-

"I'm not jealous! I just wanted to ask you if you liked Rachel, because if you do I want to know why you told Piper you liked me!" I half-shouted clearly mad at the fact that he said I was jealous of Rachel.

To be honest, I felt sorry for her.

Percy stared at me in shock.
"Because I want to date Rachel, but if Piper knew that, she'd tell her!"

I started laughing, so much that tears formed in my eyes.

(A/N btw guys, in this book Rachel ain't a b-word because it's just so cliché and Rachel doesn't deserve that just cuz she liked Percy. Don't worry percabeth is still a thing!)

"Okay then, bye!" I said, in between laughs.

Percy then rolled his eyes, then walked off, his hair moving in the wind.

HOLD UP!

Annabeth Chase will not, and will never have a crush on Percy!

I don't, I don't, I don't!

But I really do like his green eyes that seemed to change colour on his emotions.

But it doesn't mean I like him right?

$$$$$$$$$ rich line break$$$$$$$$

I was slipping, my leg entangled in ... a spider web? I could hear Hazel screaming to cut it, and then someone held my hand. But I was so close to falling in the pit, so he came in with me.

The weird thing was, this dream felt real, although this never happened to me.

Bah! Bah! Bah!

The alarm screamed in my ear.

Ugh. Although I do like school, waking up is one of the hardest things to ever do.

I opened my eyes, and grogilly walked to the living room.

Right when I stepped foot, Helen came marching at me.

What did I do now?

"Your father won't be here for a week!
You know what that means?!" Helen shouted, her food coming out of her mouth.

"It means I don't care?" I mumbled to myself, but Helen just about heard what I said.

Of course she did.

She slammed my head against the mahogany table, and then kicked me in the chest.

I screamed telling her to get off, but she just clamped my mouth shut and carried on beating me.

"Now get to school you little piece of CRAP!" Helen shouted, seriously I'm right here you know.

How I'm going to get to school without getting strange looks, I don't know.

And I hate not knowing things.

I got ready, after fixing my self and walked to school, getting concerned looks from pedestrians on the sidewalk.

(Should I use side walk or pavement. Cuz I'm english so I find
pavement easier to work with )

Once I stepped in the school, some people gasped, most people snickered and pointed at me.

"Hey, you got a little something." Some random boy pointed at my whole face.

His friends started laughing, and I just rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom.

It wasn't that bad, was it?

No, it wasn't.

It was horrific!

I had a big bruise on my right eye, and my head was swollen from being smashed against the table. My hands were bleeding a bit due to the fact that I tryed to get Helen off me.

I quickly got out my scarf from my bag (for emergencies like this) and wrapped it around my neck and got my huge glasses (for emergencies like this) and put it on my eyes.

I didn't wear glasses, but I kept them in my bag if Helen felt like punching me in my eye.

So basically, I wore them once a week.

The bell rang and I went off to my class.

Right when I stepped in, I spotted my friends sitting all clustered on a bunch of desks.

I sat close to them, but not too close because I didn't want them to see my bruises.

"Hey ... Annabeth, you can take off your scarf we're inside!" Piper said, giving me a strange look.

I turned around and spotted the others looking at me.

"No thanks, it's chilly here, we're I'm  sitting." Wow, I mentally facepalmed myself for like the umpteenth time.

Right then, our science teacher came in, and I knew what was coming.

"Annabeth, take off your scarf, this is a classroom not a freezer for goodness sake!" The teacher said.

Great, she said this right when the whole class was watching.

"It's really cold." I said rubbing my arms for added effect.

"It wasn't a question, take it off Annabeth, you know the rules!" She snapped. I knew if I answered her back I would get a detention.

I quickly took off my scarf, and everyone in the class gasped, including the teacher.

"Annabeth, what happened to you-know." The teacher asked, gesturing to her face.

"Oh I .. I f-fell on the floor!" I nervously replied, looking up for the first time.

I noticed everyones faces were looking at me.

I think I'm going to puke.

Quickly, I sped out of the classroom not bothering to hear the shouts of the teacher and went to the toilet, spilling out what I ate for breakfast.

I came out and went back to class.

Hey, I know this'll be awkward but I'm not missing a day of school just because I puked.

"Annabeth, are you sure you're alright?" The teacher asked, I could tell she was concerned.

I just nodded my head.

If Helen found out she nearly got caught, well let's just say I wouldn't be able to tell the tale.

And I was NOT looking to die today.