Chap 57

Annabeth's pov:

"How are you not jealous?" Piper asked me for about the tenth time.

I shrugged. "I don't really care, just as long as she doesn't just pop out of nowhere and comes into our school or something."

Piper laughed. "Now that would be a nightmare."

"Sure would," I said, downing a cup of water.

"But like, what if she does come to our school?"

"Why would she though?" I asked.

"I don't know, to see Leo or something?"

"She'd be there for Leo, and I doubt Percy would say anything." I said.

Piper smiled. "Yes, he would. He'd start blubbering in front of her."

I threw a pillow at Piper. "Is that supposed to make me feel better or something?"

Piper laughed. "Sorry! But I know Percy, he'll do something stupid."

"I know Percy too, and I know that he'll-" I sighed. "Scratch that, he'll do something stupid."

"And then I'll become jealous, Leo will become angry. Calypso would be- I don't know what she'll be- happy? Anyways, Percy would probably be wondering 'oh no! What did I do?', and then I'll break up with him and . . . ugh, Calypso will be the end of me."

"Or." Piper said. "Percy will do nothing, and Calypso will be okay with Leo. Or Calypso won't even come to our school, one hundred percent she won't."

I laughed. "You just jinxed it."

"Annabeth, you're not 6 years old." Piper put her hands on her hips. "Calypso is not coming to our school, one hundred and ten percent."

"And if she does?"

"If she does, you'll have nothing to worry about."

. . .

"We have a new student, everyone." Mr. Blofis said. "Please be nice to- I'm sorry what was your name again?"

"Calypso." She said, eyeing a particular boy.

My face paled, and I sent a look to Piper. She bit her lip, and looked back at me too.

"I told you that you jinxed it!" I whisper- shouted at her.

Piper cast worried glances at Calypso. "I'm sure Percy won't do anything."

Unfortunately, I decided to sit at the back with Piper so we could talk. That meant Percy sitting next to Jason- and an empty seat on the other side.

"You can sit next to Percy Jackson, he's the boy over there." Mr. Blofis pointed to him.

I mentally cursed myself. Of course I had to pick the one day in which Calypso comes to not sit next to Percy. Talk about bad timing.

Percy was too busy just staring at her, yet I only saw it once, for I was too busy staring at the ground so no one could see my red face.

"You okay?" Piper asked me, noticing Percy's fixated stare at Calypso's face. Jason looked shocked too, sending worried glances at me.

"Can I go to the toilet please?" I put my hand up, sending a desperate glance at the teacher.

"But, class ju-"