Chap 22

Annabeth's pov: (I don't even need to write this do I?)

Walking as fast as I could, I reached to my friends without turning back.

"Woah, Annabeth you're in a hurry." Percy said.

"Luke is here."

"And is that a bad thing? Or ... ," Percy looked downright confused.

The others were now listening in to our little conversation.

"I told him I had to be somewhere with someone, that weren't you guys. You know, to make it more believable." I told them, looking down at the tiled floors.

Percy carried on switching glances, from me to Luke, me to Luke.

I slapped his arm. "Stop that! He's going to notice you guys looking." Percy stopped turning around, but I noticed he didn't stop looking at me.

"Well, we're all done, so let's just go." Thalia said, breaking the ice.

I nodded and waited for everyone to stand up, therefore he wouldn't be able to see me because there were so many of us.

Once reaching the doors of the restaurant, I opened it graciously, and then cheered to myself in my head.

~482828 number line break 482828~

Today is our last day, I thought to myself.

I mean, yeah it was fun, but too much drama.

I carried on writing in my journal, until I realised I've done nothing to help with Percy and Rachel.

Silently cursing myself, I ripped a page out of my notebook and started writing uncontrollably.

I've watched enough rom-coms to know that there's always a love letter.

Cliché? Yes, but it does work.

Grabbing an envelope, I started working on it. Shouldn't I tell Percy first.

Running out of my room like my brothers when they smell bacon, I called out for Percy.

"Percy, where the heck are you?" I called out to no one in particular.

"Geez woman, I'm here." He was right next to me.

Rolling my eyes at his comment, I dragged him by the hand and into my room.

"You need to write a love letter, to Rachel of course." My mind was screaming at what I had just said.

"OK then, I can do the thinking, but my handwriting, well, it's horrible." Percy sheepishly said, once again scratching the back of his neck.

"I can take care of that, you just tell me what you're thinking, and I'll write it down." I told him, twirling my fountain pen on my fingers.

Percy still hadn't spoken up. "C'mon then, let's start," I told him. "We wouldn't want to keep the girl waiting, now would we?"

"OK, ok." Percy breathed in and out. "I like her hair." His eyes gleaming once he said that.

Is my hair too messy?

"What else do you like about her?" I quietly said, my stomach dropping on every word.

"Her eyes, they're like mine, but hers are more lighter."

Are my eyes too intimidating?

"Carry on." I gulped.

"She's really nice, and she has a kind heart. Ugh that was so cheesy." Percy shuddered.