Chap 16

(A/N I literally wrote this whole book in 2 weeks

I have no life ...)

Annabeth's pov:

Leo kept on tapping his foot on my seat in the van, and I HAD to hold myself to make sure I didn't lose my cool.

Ya know, it's seriously hard to ignore someone, when that said someone is tapping on your chair, causing it to go forward half an inch.

Rolling my eyes at the annoying boy, I continued to write in my journal.

I am NOT going to call it diary anymore, that name just makes me shudder.

The binding of the journal was torn and frayed a bit, yet each neatly written page was smooth and never held a fold. I never wanted my memories to be creased.

This journal held my inside thoughts, waiting to be burst open. My feelings towards someone, my secrets and my hell of a life with Helen.

It was like, everytime something drastic happened in my life, I wote it on my journal, and a small part of me felt relieved.

"Annabeth ... ooh is that a diary?" Thalia obnoxiously asked, then snatched it out of my right hand.

Shrieking a little, I quickly snatched it back, then closed it and put it in my tightly packed bag.

"Never, ever take my JOURNAL, not diary, ever again." I calmly said, then turned towards the window, only to find a wild Percy looking at me in a shocked face.

"Percy, what the heck!" I shrieked, then slapped his face back.

He laughed, then him and Leo both clutched at their stomach and started crying, with amusement of course.

"It wasn't that funny, I bet you I could scare you, and you'd literally be stone frozen." I shot back, a light smirk on my red face.

"Annabeth we got you soo good!" Percy said, in between laughs.

I rolled my eyes, for what seemed like the hundredth time and then proceeded to turn on the radio.

Some random song came on, that was cheesy as heck.

It was some Spanish song, and Leo knew what it meant.

"Deespaaciiito!" Leo started singing, his voice cracking every second.

With a swift turn of my hand, I turned off the radio, muttering to myself, 'never again'.

After what seemed like 3 hours, the van stopped, next to a pristine white beach, and once I narrowed my eyes, I managed to see a big wooden beach house.

Instantly, I opened the car door and ran off to the house. The wood looked a bit aged, like it had been used before. The colour was of a milky brown,  reflecting the rays of the intense sun above. Three small steps led up to the front porch, in which a towel and a chair were freshly set.

"This is amazing!" I cried, brushing my hand off the fence of the house.

"Soo, d'ya like it?" Jason asked me, a hopeful grin on his face.

I nodded like a dog about to get a ball thrown, and Jason laughed.

Eventually, the others came after what seemed like forever.

"What took you guys so long?" I asked, then realised I left my bags and equipment in the van.

"No worries Annabeth, we got your luggage right here!" Percy said, holding all of my stuff. I could tell they were heavy.