Chap 14

Annabeth's pov (sorry my writing skills suck,  but it's cause it's a story for me as well)

"There was this boy. His name was, well is ... Percy. Please don't make that face Piper when I tell you this, but yes, I like Percy. A lot. So much that when I see him cradle with Rachel, I get angry, I get flustered when he jokes with me, and now, now I know he doesn't even like me back. Do you know what it feels like to get rejected, when you don't even know you like him? I mean, he LAUGHED once Jason said that he thinks I like him. Oh and Jason? I'm going to kill him. So what if he knew I liked Percy, you don't sprout it to the bloody boy now do ya?"

I nearly screamed the last bit, although half of me felt like swearing because I said too much, the other half felt relieved and free.

For the first time in years.

Piper looked at me in remorse. "Annabeth, if he is causing you so many problems then." She sighed, and took a deep breath. "Then lie, make sure to prove you don't love him. So much that just maybe, just maybe you'll  forget about your massive crush, and you guys can be normal friends."

My eyes widened, and I started to look differently at Piper. Although she never showed it, that girl was HELLA smart.

"Yes, Annabeth, the girl who can't stop 'making ships' is telling you to stop loving someone." She raised her hands in mock suprise. "Wow, so amazing."

I laughed and then she joined in, to the point where we were doubling over, and I had to wipe out tears from my eyes. HAPPY tears.

"OK, Piper, I'll try. And thanks." I said, looking at my best friend with a loving smile.

"Any time." She then stood up, and reached out her hand for me. "Now c'mon, they're probably wondering why a number 1 would take so long."

I gladly took her hand, and stood up, chuckling at what she said.

Once entering the room, Leo raised an eyebrow at us both.

"Soo, you went to the bathroom Piper, and you came out at the same time as Annabeth? I see a rainboooow." Leo singsonged, then earning a glare from me and a slap on the head from Piper.

"You dirty boy. And anyway, me and Annabeth just wanted to talk." She replied, I mentally thanked her for not saying any more.

"OK then, but if you guys don't mind, imma go hit the decks!" Percy said, and my heart fluttered once he looked at me.

Grey on sea green.

Okay Annabeth, listen to what Piper said.

You do not love him.

You do not love him.

You will NEVER love him.

I already knew what my mind was going to say next.

I mustered up a smile and waved at him. "OK then, I'm going to sleep as well. We got to wake up at 7 anyways. Might as well sleep now." I replied, this was my chance, I could deny what Jason said.

We both went out of the living room, and headed off to the two adjacent rooms that held our living quarters.

"Oh and Percy? I don't like you. I mean, yeah I like you as a friend. But I don't have a crush on you. I was upset at something else, Seaweed Brain."

Seaweed Brain?! What the fu-

"Sure, I get it and I'm sorry even if I didn't make you upset. And Seaweed Brain? Two can play at that game ... Wise Girl." Percy said, giving off his lopsided grin that I hated and loved at the same time.

"Wow, Percy, real mature."

" Oh really? You were the one that started it. I just ended it." He said, smirking at me.

"I didn't start it. You did when you called me Annabell when we first met." I knew I won once I said that.

Percy groaned.

"Touché."

"Well Percy, 'night!" I called, waving at him, about to close the door.

"Night, Annabeth!" Percy said, then shut the door.

Again, my useless in love heart fluttered at the sight of him.

Remember, Annabeth you can't fall in love with him.

Because he'll never fall in love with you.

A/N

If you guys are wondering, I update every day, because these chapters are already done. I just got to publish them.

Just so you guys know, I will not make Percy call Annabeth wise girl, that much ........ yet. 😏