Chap 17

Annabeth's pov:

OK, I don't know why I was so paranoid over the fact that they would use my laptop to call Grover and Juniper.

Maybe it's because of the fact that I've got some very important stuff on there, and if they find out what's there I'll be screwed.

"C'mon Annabeth, write your password!" Thalia insisted, pestering me non stop.

"Okay, okay, just close your eyes."

They all rolled their eyes and proceeded to put their hands over their faces.

As quick as a flash I typed in:

"Helen_The_Female_Dog"

Then I went on to video chat and called Grover.

"Guys, it's on." I said, peering over at them.

They looked at the laptop, and saw Grover smiling at them.

"Hey, guys what's up!" He called, in the distance you could hear Juniper.

"G-MAN!!!" Percy shouted, then literally pushed me off the chair to see Grover.

I landed on the floor with a hard thump, and then glared at Percy. Piper was trying so hard not to laugh.
I quickly stood up then pushed Percy off the chair. He started to whine, and threw his hands in the air.

"Did you help anyone yet?" I asked Grover.

"Oh yeah, we helped plant some orchids with some children, they were so kind. Except for that weird one, he threw all the soil down my new shirt!" Grover blurted out.

We all laughed, and after 20 minutes of talking and joking around, I had to turn off the laptop and say goodbye to our friends.

"Welp, I'm bored. Let's go to the beach and swim!" Leo said, whilst Percy nodded.

I nodded too, excited to finally go somewhere with all my friends.

We all agreed, and headed off to the rooms.

Right when I stepped in, I gasped. The walls were a light white, and the furniture complimented the whole room perfectly.

Grabbing my bag, I put on my swimsuit, which was a light grey two piece that I wore literally all the time.

When I looked at myself, I realised the bruising from my step mom was literally all over my body, destroying my tan.

I quickly put on some nourishing cream that I had bought the day prior, and most of my bruises faded into my skin.

This would be okay, only a few remained and they were so small you would need a magnifying glass.

Just in case, I draped a towel around me so no one could see them.

"C'mon guys, let's go!" Rachel shouted, she was wearing a pale green swimsuit, with faint splotches of paint on them.

How'd they even get there?!

"Ooh, Annabeth, dressing to impress I see." She cooed, looking at me in adoration.

Just to make her annoyed, I wrapped the whole towel around me to make sure no one could see.

"Why are you hiding?" Rachel asked, eyebrows raised and a slight smile on her freckled face.

"For perverted people like you." I retorted.

She started laughing whilst the others were coming down, and I started to join too.

"What're you guys laughing about?" Piper asked.

"Ha- ha- oh it's nothing. Now please let's go. The beach is literally one minute away, why are we taking so long?" Rachel wined.

Finally, Percy and Leo both emerged and went off. I sped to the hottest spot there, considering it was quite cold and put my towel down.

Don't worry, I brought a book to past the time.

"C'mon Annabeth, swim in the water!" Hazel shouted, whilst laughing because her and Frank were splashing each other.

I shook my head and carried on reading my book. Honestly, this takes me to a new world, full of fantasies and-

Someone grabbed my arm. dragged me all the way to the water. I screamed at them, telling them to let go but they just laughed and dragged me all the same.

"Now you are all refreshed." Rachel said, whilst laughing non stop.

I glared at her, but then realised that this nutty girl was correct. The ocean was mildly cold, weird because it was near Christmas,  and it was so refreshing. Like taking a lukewarm shower after a really hot day.

I sighed in relief, and just lay in the water, looking up at the milky blue sky.

Out of nowhere, a splash of water decorated my face, causing me to slam head first into the ocean.

I quickly resurfaced and tries to find the lunatic that dared push me. Thalia was laughing at me, her face a mild pink.

"That was not funny!" I said, then went back to the sand to sit down and reflect.

"I'm going to go back inside, I'm famished." I lied, to be honest I wanted to go back to check what Helen sent me on my phone, probably going to murder me because I came here without her consent.

I was about to step in when some random guy with a couple of his friends noticed me, and told me to come.

"Hey, you with the blonde hair, come here." He said menacingly, but seriously, I wasn't scared. I mean, c'mon, I live with the actual devil. Nothing can scare me anymore.

"Why should I?" I replied, crossing my arms on my chest.

The boy had blonde hair, and icy blue eyes. He had a scar running from his eye, making him look ruggedly handsome. The thing that scared me was, this boy looked familiar.

"I'm Luke, and you are?" I remember that name.

"None of your business. So can you please tell me why I am with you and your friends?"

"Because I like the look of you?"

I chuckled. "Is that some kind of way of flirting, because I am so not interested."

Luke looked quite shocked.

"No, no. I'm saying, that if you're new here, you can hang with us." He pointed at his group of friends, two boys who looked like twins but I don't think they were, and a muscly girl who looked on the verge of beating someone up.

"There's Connor and Travis Stoll, and Clarisse La Rue." He pointed at each of them.

"Since you seem like a cool person, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Annabeth, and my friends are over there.

"You mean the ones that are coming up to us now?" He asked.

Percy looked shocked, then angry.

"Annabeth, we have to talk."