Chap 4

Annabeth's pov:

I had a dream last night.

Of a boy with sea green eyes, and a raging storm of dark black hair.

My eyes drank on the sight of him, until I realised.

It was Percy.

Why the heck would I be dreaming about him?

I as wondering this until I realised the setting.

I was in the sea, raging and violent. Out in the distance, I saw an island with ... a camp?

I wasn't sure but I could hear cries of campers, laughing and some screaming.

Percy was mumbling something to himself.

I leaned over so I could hear.

"Where are you Annabeth? Please! I know you're not dead!" Then he cried in frustration and the sea swirled into a storm and engulfed me.

I woke up, drenched in sweat and my hair was wet.

What the fu-

"Annabeth you better come hear before I beat the living CRAP out of you!" Helen shouted whilst trying to find the cigarettes.

Ha, I hid them in the basement, seriously woman if you want to smoke, do it outside.

Reluctantly, I got up ready to start the day.

After brushing my teeth and getting dressed, I made the twins breakfast.

Who knew such a devilish woman could born such nice brothers?

"Annie, Mom said you had to pick us up from school today!" Matthew shouted.

"First of all, don't call me Annie. Second of all, I have track team so tell your mom to get her sorry butt out of the bed and pick you guys up herself." I replied whilst ruffling their hair and leaving.

Right when I left to go to school, Drew started texting me.

A LOT.

For some reason I knew something bad was going to happen.

I opened up my phone and gasped at the notifications.

Drew: Why would you say that?

We're supposed to be friends!

You know what? Fine, I'm telling your secret to the whole world!

I screamed in frustration. THEY told her. THEY lied. THEY happened to be Percy, Piper and Jason.

I wiped my hot tears off with the sleave of my jumper and walked to school.

Flashback (9 years ago)

"Dad, please can you help me with my project?" I sighed inwardly as my dad said he couldn't.

I had to do some project on why fire had no shadow. Right now, I was trying to light the fire, but then I realised the match was already burnt.

I didn't light anything, did I?

The smell of smoke submerged in the room, and I coughed.

The fire wasn't in my room though, it was outside.

And then I realised.