Chap 11

Percy's pov:

Oh God, I felt sick, seriously sick.

And no, before you ask, I wasn't feeling sick because I thought Annabeth liked me.

It was because of the fact that I might like her.

Great, now I like two girls, that probably won't even date me.

Annabeth pulled me into the corridor, anger engraved on her burning grey eyes.

"Percy, what I said had nothing to do with me liking you. So yeah, stop acting disgusted that you think I did." Annabeth half-shouted.

I didn't say anything back, so I just stood there looking down at the floor.

She just left, wow it's going to be so awkward on the trip.

Anyways, I quickly followed her. The others giving me smug looks.

Until they saw Annabeth's face.

I sat next to Jason, he looked a bit angry at me.

"Dude, what did you say to her?" Jason whispered, he'd grown protective over Annabeth ever since we became friends.

"Annabeth thinks that I was disgusted at the fact that she said she would date me. When we were playing would you rather."

Jason looked at me, clearly trying to decipher whether I was lying or telling the truth. He looked back at Annabeth, and then me.

"You're so dead." Jason said, to which I nervously laughed.

"Soo, Annabeth would you like to explain why you interrupted our game?" Leo mockingly said, one eyebrow arched.

Annabeth then rolled her eyes, and quickly changed the subject.

"I was thinking, when you guys go Montauk beach. Well, is it girl and boy cabins? Because if so, my Dad would definitely say no." She nervously said, looking across the table.

Rachel quickly replied." Hell no, it's girls in separate rooms, and boys in separate rooms, or else Leo would try to make everything more graphic!"

We all laughed, and Leo burned red.

I checked the time. "Guys, we've literally got one minute till the bell rings. We've got to go."

Annabeth muttered some unflattering words, and then quickly got herself ready and bolted towards the classrooms.

I smiled at that, that girl would literally die if she got in trouble, let alone detention.

"C'mon guys, let's do an Annabeth and bolt." I screamed.

You're probably wondering.

Why does Percy Jackson want to get to class so eagerly?

Well, curious ones, if I get around 5 more detentions this term. It means school, in the freaking holidays.

I can practically hear you guys praying for me right now.

Once everyone got ready, we went to our classes.

Me and Rachel were in the same classes. So was Annabeth, but she was already in the class. Great, more awkwardness, as if I didn't have enough already.

"So Rachel, did you do the homework?" I hastily asked, trying to start the conversation.

Rachel tinged red, then quickly replied.

"Yeah, but if you want to study with me for the math test we have, you're more than welcome."

I screamed in my mind. Was Rachel hinting for me to come to her house?

"Ya sure, but it's got to be before Satarday. Annabeth's going to come and tutor me and Jason, on Friday."
I said, I swear she looked a bit dissapointed when I said Annabeth was coming over.

"Okay then, how about Sunday, you come to my house? Then we can study together!" Rachel then said, going back to her old self.

"That'll be nice, and I'll bring Annabeth too, because she's seriously smart when it comes to math!" I then replied.

Rachel then sighed and said half heartedly. "Yeah, sure, bring whoever you want."

Was it something I said?

Right then, the teacher Mr.Ross came in, looking a bit angry.

"OK then class, I want you to get your math textbooks out and finish 15 pages. If you don't finish it in class, it's for homework for next lesson."

The class groaned, except for Annabeth, who quickly started writing the answers. Gods, that girl is smart.

Through the corner of my eyes, I caught Rachel staring at me.

"You done checking me out?" I asked, flexing my muscles jokingly.

"As if your ego ain't big enough." She muttered whilst blushing, but I just managed to catch it.

I laughed, then looked back at me, and I noticed Annabeth pursing her lips at Rachel and I.

I arched an eyebrow, and she blushed and quickly looked away.

Annabeth's pov:

Rachel and Percy were laughing so much, and my stomach was pulling down on me.

Why did I always feel this way when Percy was with Rachel?

It's just a little crush, nothing more, right?

I pursed my lips at the two, showing my obvious hate to Rachel.

I didn't know why, but I had a small disliking to her. The thing was, it was very small.

Like when she complained about her father, I would roll my eyes. Or when she made a joke, I would be the only one not laughing.

But when she spoke to me, we became best friends.

Seriously, what is WRONG with me?!

As I was saying, Percy caught me staring, and he arched an eyebrow. Out of nowhere, I blushed and looked away.

Something was wrong here, I never used to blush.

I never even used to look away, and I would never get flustered.

Oh Gods, I don't think I have a simple crush.

I think I'm in love with Percy jackson. Hopelessly in love.

But it felt weird, because Percy was hopelessly in love with Rachel.

I haven't felt love until Luk- a random guy cheated on me.

With my best friend at the time.

"Annabeth, if you're done daydreaming, can you answer the question?" Mr.Ross questioned, eyebrows furrowed and his hand tapping against the board.

"Oh um, the answer is x^3." I quickly said, much to the class's sniggers.

Percy and Rachel turned around at me concerned, but I don't need anyone to look after me.

I just shrugged and smiled, I don't care if the class laugh at me just because I'm smarter than them, I'll be laughing at them when they start asking me for help.

I looked over at Percy, and I saw him staring at Rachel, and I hated it.

But I knew that they were meant to be, I mean they practically drooled over each other.

Sigh.

This is why I don't do love, because love never really works out for me.
There's not that much of a difference between love and hate.

They're practically the same.