Chap 31

Hey guys, I need you to do me a favour. I enlisted this story to be in the wattys 2019, without actually knowing what it was. So I found out what it was, found out my book got more than 10000 words, so now here I am.

Please can everyone vote! I know I sound desperate, but eh, it'll be fun to think that I had a chance. And I know what you're thinking, you haven't even finished this book yet, well my friends, this book is NEARLY FINISHED, cue the sad weeping of my readers. Okay, you won't be that sad, but don't take this the hard way, I just know how this book is going to end, and it is nearly soon.

Okay, okay, I'll shush now, for its time for the actual chapter to start ...

~~~

You know that feeling when something was wrong for so long, and then it finally turns right?

Yeah, I had it, and I absolutely loved it. From the moment I rode back home with my friends, to the moment I came to my home, to find the door slightly ajar and my father and brothers weeping in my room.

Exhausted and tired from the journey, I hastily came into my room, my family looking up at me, and then joyously giving me a hug.

Right after that, Dad gave me a good scolding. "Where the hell were you, did you, did you run away again?" He asked, looking down.

"Gods no dad, I just needed some time to think, because something happened at school." Knowing that it wasn't his business, my dad left, not before giving me a quick hug.

My brothers were still in my room, staring at me. I turned around to find nothing there.

Turning back, I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "Why were you guys looking at me?" I asked.

Immediately, their eyes shut, and started, and started speaking Ancient Greek.

Once done with their excruciatingly scary talk, their eyes opened, and they looked at me and smiled like nothing happened.

"Anmbeth, we're so happy you're back!" They cried, laughing as they gave me a hug.

I didn't hug back, just looked at them with the same confused expression as I did two seconds ago.

"You, you just ..." I couldn't be able to spit out the last words, like a force was stopping me.

"We just what?" Suddenly, their eyes glazed over and they went out of the room, no looking back at me, and no waving goodbye.

Slumping to my bed, I remembered all the weird things that had happened to me. That warrior like women, the man in the dream, Percy being able to move water, it was like I was living in the wrong world.

And the other one was my home.

Knocking the thoughts outside, I went on my 200 year old phone, only to find 2 very heartbreaking texts from Rachel.

I'm sorry Annabeth, but I have to leave to an all girls school. Call me once you read this.

I dropped the phone, luckily I was on my bed, thus meaning there were no cracks on the already half dead thing my father dared call a 'phone'.

Pressing the call icon on Rachel's contact, I nervously waited for about 2 seconds, until she answered.

"Hello? Annabeth is that you?" Her voice sounded cracked, like as if she was crying.

"Why are you crying, you know you don't have to leave, just, just try to talk to Percy." I told her, tears gleaming in my eyes.

"That's the problem. I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" I ran my free hand down my hair. "If you don't have Percy's contact, I can give it-"

I could hear Rachel sigh on the other end of the phone. "I broke up with Percy."

"Is this a joke? If it is, it is not funny." I knew how heartbroken Percy would be, and I was starting to fume.

"I broke it off, because our relationship, it just felt so fake! We talked, but that's it, only kissed once and that was because I thought he was going to die!"

"Don't all relationships start like that, you should've given him more time." I was shouting now, they had only lasted a week!

"Annabeth, I talked to Percy when we were friends more than I talked to him now, and we're supposed to be a couple!" Rachel was sobbing in between this, but it had briefly stopped.

"Th-"

"I have to go now, my father is waiting outside with the bags."

"Why are you even leaving?"

Rachel chose not to answer my question. "Talk to Percy. Please. He needs you more than he needs me."

Percy. Percy ..

Percy!

I ran out of my home, the phone still in my hand although Rachel had hung up about 2 minutes ago. Ignoring the fact that my feet were going to die from walking excessively, I went to the apartment that Percy told me he lived in.

Knocking on the pastel blue door, I turned around, hearing the sounds of a crash in the hallway.

Oh Gods, what have you done Percy?!

Percy was sitting there on the floor, absent-mindingly throwing glass vases at the wall.

"Percy?" I asked, unsure of what he would think about me standing there.

He blushed a bit, then turned around. I expected him to have tear marks down his face, but the only thing there was a crooked smile, a crooked smile that I had come to love.

"Sit down. Please." He patted on the floor next to where he was sitting.

I catiously moved and sat on my assigned seat, and looked at this guy who didn't even seem sad.

"If you're going to ask, no I'm not feeling miserable." He told me blankly, looking at me directly face to face.

"And why's that, seaweed brain?" His eyes seemed to brighten up at our nickname.

"Because." A furious blush rose from his neck and on to his face.

"Because I'm in love with someone else."