14 | party crashers

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
- Ron White

[Warning: A slight mention of an almost sudden character death involving drugs

[Warning: A slight mention of an almost sudden character death involving drugs. If this is triggering or too bearing to read please skip to the next part of this chapter! Also, this chapter is a bit lengthy due to the events at the party. Happy reading!]

───────────────────

"Wendy!!" Chan yelled, running towards her body.

She was unresponsive. He checked her pulse on her neck and could feel the pulse beating very slowly. Chan didn't even know what to do to bring back a drugged person back to a sober state. He remembered seeing it on the streets when he was homeless. Countless people overdosed without even realizing it. There was someone who always saved them from dying. A person who knew what they were doing, but Chan was not that person. He was a seventeen year old with no knowledge of medical procedures when someone overdosed.

Chan carried Wendy in his arms and placed her body on her bed. Chan searches through the cabinet for a cure, knocking over the countless containers of pills. He needed something to wake Wendy up.

"Adrenaline shot," Chan muttered. He remembered the doctors using it on his grandmother trying to bring her heart back to beating normally.

He then searched all over again, hoping that Wendy had one. Chan found it deep in one of Wendy's drawers. The stacks of old test papers covered the silver container for the needle. Taking the needle out of the container, he pushed Wendy's grey cardigan sleeve.

Chan didn't know where to place the needle. In the middle of her arm where her veins are or the side of her arm? Time was running out. Wendy could be gone from this earth any second now.

Impulsively, Chan stabbed the needle on the side of Wendy's arm and pushed down for the liquid to enter into her body. Within seconds, Wendy rose up screaming and trembling hard. Her chest heaved up and down as sweat coated all over her body.

"Wendy! Say something if you can hear me." Chan grabbed her shoulders.

"Something." Wendy breathed. Chan sighed out of relief, falling back on the ground.

Chan helped Wendy clean up her face and bloody nose with a damp cloth. Hyunjin was right. Wendy was the girl addicted to drugs and almost ODed several times. Chan couldn't understand why Wendy would put herself through this pain. It wasn't until Wendy explained to Chan the reason why she resorted to drugs. All because of her depressive thoughts and heartbreaking passing of her boyfriend Jisung.

𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐂𝐄 ⇴ Bang Chan ✓ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara