35 | owned

I want to destroy ownership in order that possession and enjoyment may be raised to the highest point in every section of the community.

- George Bernard Shaw 

───────────────────

Previous year before Hana's arrival to Shujin Academy

Hana rested on the couch in Myungdae's office quietly filing her nails. She calmly waited for her boss to arrive to receive more information on her training. To become the top assassin in all of Korea. Just like her favorite uncle Kyuhyun.

Hana even sacrificed her second year at Shujin Academy to be under Myungdae's wing. Even though her parents were strictly against it, she dramatically told them that Myungdae was on her and Kyuhyun's ass. Immediately it cooled them off and slowly turned to worry. Every day as the training went on, Hana had loads of self-doubting thoughts. Was it really all worth it to save her uncle, family, and her future career?

Whenever Hana faced Myungdae or her trainers, the thoughts disappeared like smoke.

Hana heard the door open, but didn't look up. Instead she blindly said, "Boss, can we hurry this up? I have practicing to do."

"You'll be working for me, darling."

Hana peered and saw a young man grinning at her. His black hair was combed neatly, bangs swept to the side. His dark brown eyes stared through Hana's soul hauntingly. The noticeable thing Hana saw was the scar under his left eye.

Hana immediately stood up and bowed. "Hello, Mr.-"

"Dongwan. Cho Dongwan." Dongwan smirked. "I'm your boss's brother."

Hana nodded in shock. Her eyes lowered to the ground. She was intimidated and avoided his deep stare. It was very new to her that her boss had a brother. He was much skinnier than Myungdae. His aura reminded Hana like a grim reaper.

"What brings you here?" Hana asked, leaning back into the couch with her arms folded across her chest.

"I need you to find someone for me. This person is this annoying pest that keeps infecting my mind." Dongwan sat next to Hana.

"Old or young?" Hana asked, finally staring at Dongwan.

"Young."

Hana gave a perplexing look at Dongwan. Usually, she got older men and women. People who owed Myungdae their lives over money. People in their 30s and up, mainly. It was also pathetic how a younger victim always got on Dongwan's nerves.