05 | roughhouse

All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.

- Jom Kabat-Zinn

[Warning: slight mention of drugs, drug use, and severe mental health. If this is triggering please skip to the next chapter. Thanks!]

───────────────────

───────────────────

The smell of coffee was the signature scent of a coffee shop. A coffee shop Alana invited Chan to this evening. The sun was setting as the skies were colored with pink and orange. The city of Itaewon was busy as quitting time began. Many were rushing to get home to their family, friends, and lovers. Others were prepared for a night out on the town. Chan was ecstatic that the shop had his favorite coffee flavor, hazelnut. After ordering his favorite coffee and a chocolate muffin, he took a seat next to Alana facing the mini stage the coffee shop had set up.

The lights were dimmed low as a few people chatted. Most were paid attention to the performance of a three-member band performed. One female and two males. One played the guitar, one played the piano, and the other sang. The female member was Alana's best friend. Her long light brown hair flowed to her shoulders and had pale skin. With a beauty like a princess, her voice was very amazing.

Let me teach you baby

Naui modeun geol

Neoui ma-eum-e dam-ajulge

Chum-i kkeutnaji anhge

Salang-i meomchuji anhge

My baby yeah

Late at night, I think of you

Baby late at night, I think of you

Late at night, I think of you

Baby late at night, I think of you

The three of them all had wonderful voices. Harmonizing with each other and having the talent to play memorable keys and chords. At the final note, the audience gave a loud applause. They all bowed and thanked the crowd. Another singer soon approached the stage after the three-member band walked off the stage. The female member squealed as she saw Alana. "Thanks for coming!" She gave a hug to Alana.

"No problem. You guys were great!" Alana pulled away smiling widely at her friend. She turned to Chan. "Wendy, this is Chan. He's from Australia. Chan, this is Wendy. My best friend since the first year. She's from Toronto." Alana introduced them to each other.

Chan gave a small bow as Wendy did the same. "Nice to meet you." Chan grinned.

"Same to you. You're very handsome." Wendy complimented. Chan chuckled. "Thanks."