38 | honesty from the heart ♡

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

- Groucho Marx

───────────────────

───────────────────

"Get up." Junhyuk turned on the lights of Chan's room.

Chan squinted his eyes from the brightness of the lights. He slowly rose up from his bed. He looked over at Felix who placed the covers over his head, ignoring Junhyuk. "Where are we going?" Chan sleepily asked.

"Pay our respects." Junhyuk tosses Chan's black suit on his bed. "You have five minutes."

Chan closes the door behind him dressed neatly and cleanly. He stares at Junhyuk who waited for him beside the door. Junhyuk soon led the way with Chan following behind him.

"Mind telling me why we're matching today?" Chan lightly jokes.

"I thought it would be respectful to say one last goodbye to two of the students you were involved with," Junhyuk expressed aloud.

Chan soon grew anxious. He wasn't mentally prepared to go to Nayeon's funeral. However, he wasn't too sure who the other student was.

"I've always done this when I was in the same position as you. It's to give respect to the family." Junhyuk continued. "Something to teach you about honesty."

Chan remained quiet until they reached the designated car they'll be riding in. Chan clenched both of his hands together trying to calm himself down. When they arrived at the funeral home fifteen minutes later, Chan could feel his legs grow weak as he stepped out of the car.

He swallowed hard and followed Junhyuk behind, entering to funeral #1.

It was the first room to the right. A big hall for Nayeon's large family. Loads of whispers and muffled crying could be heard... until Chan and Junhyuk arrived.

Gayoon was the first person Chan laid eyes on. Her hair was short instead of long from the last time he saw her. It was pulled into a mini ponytail. Small white bows were placed skillfully on the left side of her hair and her chest.

Gayoon stood up onto her feet and gathered her black hanbok. She quickly walked over to Chan and hugged him tightly.

Chan hugged Nayeon's mother tightly letting the tears flow from his eyes.

Junhyuk took off his black hat and went over to Nayeon's picture surrounded by white roses. He kneeled on his knees and formally bowed. Chan later did the same. His tears blurring his vision slightly.