08 | your purpose

The climb might be tough and challenging, but the view is worth it. There is a purpose for that pain; you just can't always see it right away.
- Victoria Arlen

───────────────────

───────────────────

All of Chan's things were packed and cleared from the closet and drawers. Chan left for class early. Felix cried himself to sleep after Chan spent the night sleeping in the lounge area. Doing his research on finding a new school to transfer to, the school he desired to attend was gonna cost him to leave Itaewon and move down to Seoul. As long as he was far away from Yuri, Chan was seeking for peace.

Chan ignored the texts and calls from Alana, Hyunjin, and even Victoria. Chan rather left quietly and let Felix explain why he was gone. He also refused to read the messages to prevent him from breaking down.

During lunch, Chan entered the administration office. He went up to the secretary's desk feeling nervous. If Junhyuk or Yuri finds out, it would be even more difficult to leave. "Can I request my transcripts to be sent to Baekjin High please?" Chan asked.

"Of course. Are you transferring?" The secretary asked as she reached for the vanilla colored folder on the far right side of her desk. She brushed her blonde bob back to her ear.

Chan glances at the name displayed in her desk. Cho Soo Hee. "Yes." Chan firmly answered.

Soohee immediately hands Chan the single sheet of paper to Chan followed by a pen. Her intense gaze made Chan feel regretful for leaving Shujin Academy. In seconds, Chan shook off the regrettable guilt and grabs the paper and pen.

He took a seat and fill out the form, quietly. Soohee stood up and greeted her coworker as soon as she saw her entering the room with her bag of lunch. They whispered quietly, well, more like gossiping to Chan. Soohee took a bite of her spinach salad.

Chan stood up and handed the paper to Soohee. Soohee stood up and took the paper. "After I get approval, I need you to sign the exit form. It will be a while." Soohee explains.

"Fine. I'll be outside taking a smoke." Chan replied, pulling out his box of cigarettes. He stepped out the administration office with a cigarette in his mouth.

Soohee glances at the transfer paper, sipping her green tea. Her eyes widened and almost choked on her drink by coughing vigorously. She sat her drink down and stared hard at the paper then at Chan through the window. She couldn't believe Chan was leaving after a week of attending Shujin Academy.

"Yah, what's wrong with Soohee-ah?" Coach Xhu asked the other secretary, nodding his head at Soohee. He was carrying his red lunch bag on his shoulder.

"That kid," Soohee pointed at the window with the paper in her left hand, "is Yuri's rumored kid. He's leaving this school without her knowing."