36 | white lily (pt 1)

The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

───────────────────

"A new teacher?" Junhyuk arched his eyebrow at his younger sister, Yuri.

"Well, I see why not? Having a new and fully developed Poison class should be interesting for the students! We've been looking for new teachers ever since Mr. Yu resigned." Yuri grinned.

Junhyuk let out a sigh. He placed his closed right fist on top of his lips, deep in thought. Some students actually voiced to Junhyuk their desire to finish learning about Poisonings. The traditional way.

He truly didn't want to go through the long process of interviewing every teacher that applied. Junhyuk was considering doing what Yeongwoo suggested. Give all of the students who took Poison 101 and Advanced Poison studies a quick easy A.

However, he knows how his sister Yuri is. Very determined and want things to flow like the river.

But the river isn't always steady. It has its bumps and curves with rushing waters in some parts. Only a balanced pro can know how to navigate it.

To Junhyuk, he seems to be the only person to know how.

Junhyuk glances up at his sister sternly. He rested his right fist on his desk. "Bring in the résumés. We'll be calling teachers in very soon." Junhyuk quietly announced.

Yuri bowed with a small smile on her face. "I'm very thankful for you, oppa." Yuri spoke.

"Please," Junhyuk scoffed with a smirk not looking at Yuri in the eye, "I did this for the school, not you."

───────────────────

Going through the interviews of the potential teachers with Yeongwoo went by smoothly and efficiently. Most were professionals on handling all sorts of poisons that mankind has seen. Others, not so much to Junhyuk's tastes.

Yeongwoo agreed with his brother on making their top three potential teachers they would love to hire for their students. Loads of them left a great impression on them both.

Surprisingly, their list was very similar except for number three. Junhyuk wanted Dr. James Lee from Brown University while Yeongwoo wanted Miss Ahn Hyejin.

"Her energy was very dark to me, hyung." Junhyuk pulled off his golden framed reading glasses. "I would not be surprised if she was involved in evil business."