22 | trouble in paradise

An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise.

- Victor Hugo

───────────────────

───────────────────

Chan could hear Dongwan's haunting laugh.

The knife slowly pierced his skin as the small stream of blood fell on his cheek. He looked down and saw his body was cut open. Blood was everywhere. He even saw his parents in the far corner. Chan couldn't move. He wanted to move and run away, but his body felt frozen. Almost as if it was glued down to the ground.

They slowly got up forgetting their open wounds and stood behind Dongwan smiling evilly. Dongwan finally stopped laughing as he raised his hand in the air.

Chan jolted up from his bed with a sharp gasp. He was covered in sweat as his chest heaved up and down profusely. His hands went all over his bare body confirming nothing was cut open.

Chan closed his eyes as his hand ran through his thick dark brown hair.

Just another nightmare...

Chan checked the time on his phone.

8:09 am

"Shit, I'm late!"

Chan quietly walked into his homeroom class. The room was buzzing with voices from his classmates as usual. Beauty queens were putting on their makeup, some guys fooled around with each other and other students, and some finishing up homework quickly. Master Mun hasn't arrived yet. Some students have arrived around the same time as Chan. Thankfully, he wasn't the odd one out.

Chan waved at Alana as he walked to his seat. Sitting next to his seatmate, Victoria, Chan let out a deep sigh. "You seem worn out," Victoria smirked.

"Had another nightmare." Chan's voice cracked. He cleared his throat afterward.

"Again?" Victoria's eyes widened in concern.

Chan nodded gloomily. "Third one this week alone. It feels super strange." Chan sighed adjusting his school tie.

"Hey, Victoria."

Chan and Victoria looked up and saw Taeyong standing right next to their desks. He had sharp eyes like a cat and a gorgeous facial structure. His dark hair complimented his fair skin. Chan was unfamiliar with Taeyong, however, he knew who he was.

Taeyong was the prime leader of his clan, NCT 127. Another rich kid who knows Mr. Yeongwoo. He was good friends with his other friend slash ally Mark Lee. His clan was selective and if you get in, you would immediately leave after knowing how Taeyong runs his clan.