25 | hotblooded

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

- Lao Tzu

───────────────────

───────────────────

The bell loudly rang as the third period came to an end. Only fifteen minutes left until the next class begins and for Chan to make it before Mr. Saito counts him absent (on purpose).

Chan switched out his Chemistry books with his combat pamphlet. Placing them neatly in his bag and locker, he looked over his right shoulder and spotted his locker neighbor, Jisung. His cheeks were cute and full like a squirrel, had child-like, soft eyes, and a head full of thick black hair. In certain areas of his hair, it was dyed in sapphire blue. Something that Chan noticed until now.

The only thing Chan envied from Jisung was not being so caught up in clans and know tons of people. Jisung only knew about five people he could trust and simply focused on his musical studies.

"Hey, congrats on finally being in a clan, man." Jisung's lips formed into a grin.

"Uh, thanks," Chan muttered, closing his locker door. He placed his backpack on his left shoulder. "Wish I hadn't."

"Dude what?" Jisung gaped at Chan. "You're heavily protected! You have a brotherhood!"

"All of my friends literally neglected me! I'm just a walking threat to guys like you." Chan deeply sighed as he closed his eyes. "I hate it."

"But you're kind." Jisung pointed out. Chan knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

Jisung exhaled sharply. "People around here literally forgot what kindness is. You're the only few people I know who treat others how they should be treated. People in clans who treat others properly are heavily underrated here in this school. If you keep doing that, everyone will respect you... including your friends." Jisung thoroughly explained. "Besides, the clan that you joined shouldn't be so bad. Which one is it?"

"NCT 127," Chan answered.

Jisung made a perplexing look. "I can see why they're upset..." Jisung hid his smirk. He shook his head as he waved his hand, dismissing the negativity. Jisung places his hand on Chan's shoulder. "Just do you, man. That's why I respect you because you're being your authentic self."

Jisung grabbed his bag from the floor and placed it over his shoulder. He flashed Chan a quick smile and pat to his chest. "Take it, easy man!"

Chan watched his locker neighbor head off to class. His mouth formed a smirk, nodding to himself. Jisung made the wheels in Chan's head turn actively.