27 | forgiveness is for pussies

He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.

- Oscar Wilde

───────────────────

───────────────────

The clock continued to tick loudly on the wall, antagonizing Chan.

Chan's eyes never left the clock. The fingers of his left hand tapped to the movement of the clock on his textbook. He kept watching the second hand ticked in an ongoing circle. The time was slowly ready to signal the ending of the final class of today.

Tic, tic, tic, tic

He held his breath waiting for the final school bell to ring. His mind panned off his teacher and other neighboring students. Copying down today's lecture notes wasn't important as he thought it should be. An important meetup was going to make or break him forever. His trust was ready to be tested and proven.

Tic, tic, tic, tic

"You must have the courage and not be a coward." His teacher kept repeating. In fact, it was the only sentence his brain kept replaying in his head. 

Finally, the bell rang loudly.

Chan was the first one to raise up from his seat and slung his black backpack over his shoulder. Some of his classmates looked at him with alertness and confusion on their faces. Chan reached into his pocket grabbing his phone. He opened the double doors with his shoulder as he headed down the steps. Chan dialed Alana's phone number.

"Lana? Yeah, where's the place again?" Chan asked, heading towards his locker.

"Rooftop. As always. They still don't know you're coming." Alana answered in the receiver.

Chan scoffed with a smile. "Man, if it wasn't for you-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hurry up! I'm about to approach them now. Hanging up now." Alana dismissed Chan.

Chan placed his phone back into his pocket before opening his locker. He placed his backpack in the locker and smoothed his dark hair back with his hands. As he closed the door, Hana appeared by his side, leaning her shoulder near his locker. Her hair was in a ballerina bun with cherry red gloss coating her lips. Hana had the familiar bewitching yet seductive gaze. 

Chan glanced at his girlfriend startled. "Ah, you scared me," Chan muttered, closing his locker door.

"Where you're off to? I was thinking we should do a study date." Hana smiled.