39 | in the end (pt 1)

And in real life endings aren't always neat, whether they're happy endings, or whether they're sad endings.

- Stephen King

───────────────────

───────────────────

Chan stares out the window, sitting close to the windowpane. As the waxing gibbous moon glistens in the purple-black twilight sky, Chan's eyes meet a person standing far away. He could see the golden handheld telescope, gleaming under the light of the moon, pointed at his direction. When the person lowered their telescope, Chan immediately recognized the person staring at him.

He soon ducked under the window, placing his hand on his chest. Chan's heart raced rapidly so close to where his breathing was troublesome. Seeing that person haunted his soul once again. His right hand began to shake by his nervous nerves.

Dongwan finally found his prey's habitat.

The fan mounted above the office spun slowly like a sloth climbing on the tree. The sun was slowly rising in the early morning with blue skies slowly coloring into a serenity pink sky. Yuri stood in Yeongwoo's office with her hands placed behind her back. Junhyuk guarded the door with one hooded guard.

"All of you are here because you all have been chosen for a very special mission." Yuri announced.

She tucked her long chocolate brown hair behind her ear, pacing in front of the group. "You all are going to protect Chan." Yuri spoke intensely. "He carefully chose each of you because he trusts you to protect his life. Dongwan will not give up without a fight. You all exhibit the warrior spirit we or Chan has taught you."

Yuri stops walking and stares at the group of students. "Do not let that man take our student away or even let him get the chance to shed Chan's blood." Yuri clenched her right fist tightly. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Head Mistress Yuri!" They all shouted firmly.

Yuri's lips spread into a smile. A confident one. She glances at Junhyuk. "It's time to enforce the lockdown." Yuri ordered.

"We'll get started right away." Junhyuk nodded. He turned to his brother Yeongwoo who sat on the couch writing in his notebook. "Let's move."

Yeongwoo nodded as he tore out the sheet from his notebook. He quickly placed the notebook on his desk and hurried out of his office following Junhyuk and Yuri.

Displayed on his notebook sheet listed the names of the powerful students that could be Dongwan's Achilles heel.

Mina Myoui
Alana Lee
Felix Lee
Amber Liu
Victoria Wu
Mark Lee
Jackson Wang
Im Jaebeom
Park Jinyoung
Johnny Suh
Son Chaeyoung
Krystal Jung
Hwang Hyunjin