30 | simon says

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

───────────────────

Chaeyoung chewed on the bendable hook of her pink mechanical pencil being bored out of her mind. Her morning was starting off very slowly and nobody noticed her new hair color. Exactly what Chaeyoung wanted. Everyone should be super surprised by her new attitude, not her stupid blonde hair.

Until Master Yuna commented loudly, "Chaeyoung-ssi, your hair color is alarmingly bright."

"So?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, resting her head on her hand. Chaeyoung ignored the sudden stares of her classmates. They soon begin to agree as well.

Master Yuna winced at Chaeyoung's comment. She arched her eyebrow at her. "So... it is against the school rules to have an unnatural hair color." Master Yuna explained.

"There's literally students like me walking around here with the same hair color as I am or even colorful. Look at Miyuki! She has pink fucking hair!" Chaeyoung argued.

Miyuki nervously chuckled at Master Yuna. "It's a... uh... wig! I wanted to wear it for fun!" Miyuki covered her tracks.

"Have it your way, Chaeyoung-ssi." Master Yuna made a disgusted face at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung smirked in victory.

"I like your hair."

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at Felix. He gave a cheerful grin at her and pointed to his own blonde hair. "Twins!" Felix replies. He then whispered, "You've always looked pretty, Chaeyoung."

At first, Chaeyoung wanted to curse at him just like the others did with her. Changing her hair made the audience boo in disgust.

But hearing that comment made it so... heartwarming. It made her heart flutter. Chaeyoung scoffs as she cracks a grin. "Thanks." She murmurs.

As the class period changed when the bell rang, Chan spotted Mina in the crowded halls. He waved at Mina. Mina looked away like a scared cat. Chan soon frowned, watching Mina walk away in the other direction.

Something's wrong...

"I'm sorry." Mina quietly spoke to herself. She clenches her pink binder she carried in her arms. If it wasn't for Hana's threats...

"Hana Yang. Report to Master Yeongwoo's office." Mrs. Park announced.

Hana rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Again?!" Hana growled.