10 | savior

"History will decide if I'm a villain or a hero."

- Harlan Ellison

───────────────────

───────────────────

Late in the evening was a time for clans to stir up their plans, troubles, parties, and other things the leaders' minds think of. It also involves with initiations for their newer members in their clans. Some are new for a week, others are new until they recruit a new member. Sadly, this is what Mark Lee faced while being in NCT 127. Even though Haechan was younger than Mark, he entered the clan before him.

Mark tackles down his opponent by clenching his neck. He strikes both of his thumbs into the opponent's neck. His thumbs were soon digging into his skin. The opponent reaches out for Mark's face as he chokes out for air. Mark gritted his teeth as he moved his head away from the opponent's hands. He couldn't believe he actually got him down due to his build which was strong and muscular. Watching the fight sat his members, Taeyong, Jaehyun, Haechan, Doyoung, and Taeil. The opponent's clan was watching as well.

Jaehyun, Taeil, and Haechan grew worried for their friend because the opponent was known to have great counter attacks from being in a chokehold. Meanwhile, Taeyong watched the fight in amusement.

"Take it all the way, Mark!" Taeyong cheered.

Doyoung smirked with Taeyong. "He's not going to do it." Doyoung grunted folding his arms across his chest.

Mark could feel the opponent's breathing become shorter and shorter. He wasn't supposed to fight this guy. He was forced by Taeyong. These fighting matches were known for members being killed like a twig. One wrong move and your fucked. However, Mark didn't want to take this person's life over some money. Instead, he slammed the opponent's head on the ground, causing him to be knocked out cold.

The opponent's clan groaned in defeat as Taeyong stood and shouted in victory. Doyoung collected all of the money from each of the opponent's members.

Mark hopped off of his opponent and checked his pulse on the side of his neck. It was beating quietly. He was still alive, thankfully. His best bet was causing a concussion to the opponent's head.

Mark cracked his neck to the side as he heard a loud pop. He walked up the stairs as his members patted him on the back. Slightly wincing in pain, Mark saw the opponent's clan members heading down the steps and grabbing their member from the floor. They carried him by his arms as his head hung low. Mark felt remorseful for the guy.

"Honestly, I didn't think you could do it, but you did by knocking that fucker out dead!" Taeyong grinned.

"Yeah, I did..." Mark muttered. Victory sadly tasted so bitter in Mark's mouth.

The boys celebrated by playing pool at a well known billiards near the school. Taeyong paid for everyone's food. Yuta, Jungwoo, Winwin, and Johnny arrived afterwards from the fighting match. They both congratulated Mark as soon as they saw him. Mark smiled, but soon disappeared after he realized Haechan was beating him in pool.