17| bullseye

Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and you know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and you know Earth, you may make your victory complete.
- Sun Tzu

───────────────────

───────────────────

Chan wraps the bandages around his knuckles, sitting on the bench. He leaned his head against the locker door in the locker room, sighing aloud. The locker room began to crowd with more men. Chan then exited the locker room.

The cafetería was quiet on the last day of Chuseok. Most have gone home to celebrate with their families, whereas some students like Chan considered appreciating the day off from school with their friends.

Chan places the kimbap in his mouth. He gazes at Felix, Changbin, and Victoria who were also sharing the plate full of kimbap. Felix slapped Changbin's hand away from getting the same piece he was getting. "Yah, I'm your hyung!" Changbin looked at Felix wide-eyed.

Chan smiled to himself enjoying their company. His new family company.

"Welcome to the 40th Annual Tournament here at Shujin Academy! Held in our humongous gymnasium, the tournament where the fastest, strongest, and the mightiest students compete head to head and win the national title here at this school! I'm your host Jo Jinho!" Jinho spoke into the microphone with his pearly white smile.

"And I'm Kim Inseong. President of the student council." Inseong winked.

"Alright! Every competitor listen and shut the hell up!" Coach Zhu yelled. He and three more health officials stood behind him with clipboards in their hands. The crowd of students began to quiet down. Their attention averted to Coach Zhu.

"Each and every one of you are competing for the same title everyone wants. As well as the cash prize," Coach Zhu silences the cheering crowd with his hand and continues, "however you will all compete fairly. Last time, it wasn't so pretty after the wrong winner was announced. Some of you will be lucky this year, some of you... not so much. It may be your first time or your tenth time competing in this tournament. Your life will be changed after you finish competing."

"Now, for those who don't know Shujin Academy suspends all classes for this all-day event. It's open for other private schools to come and watch this tournament." Jinho explains.

"Selective private schools." Inseong corrects Jinho with warning eyes.

"Ah yes." Jinho laughs nervously. "This might be illegal to some people. But it's totally not!"