07 | breaking point

Everybody has a breaking point. It's tough to ignore the impulse to respond with anger.

- Andrew Shaffer

───────────────────

───────────────────

Mina stares back at her friends, intensely. The cool wind blew through their hair. All of them expressed a variety of emotions from fright to worry. The one who was the most hurt was Amber. Amber was close with Mina as their parents were good friends. Until Mina's parents left the face of the Earth tragically.

Mina couldn't even look at her friends in their eyes. The feeling of being watched and knowing that her time was winding down quickly made her feel embarrassed. She didn't know how to handle a situation like this.

"Mina-" Amber began to speak.

The school bell ranged, musically, signaling for the start of the next period. Mina shook her head and began to step away backward from her friends, almost as if she's afraid of them.

"I gotta go." Mina quickly walked away.

Victoria grabbed Amber's shoulder as she turned Amber around. "Let's go," Victoria whispered to them all.

Students were soon entering the halls like a school of fish. Krystal soon followed Victoria and Amber leaving Chaeyoung watching Mina walk away to the next building.

Later that evening, Alana received a text from Victoria. She stopped her study music playlist on her laptop once her phone ranged. Wendy was busy highlighting her notes in different colors. For once doing something productive with her studies and herself.

Vicky: something is wrong with Mina... she told us something shocking I'm still processing it.

What the hell?

Another text from Victoria popped up on Alana's phone.

Vicky: we'll talk about it soon.

Alana sat her phone down on her desk. She furrowed her eyebrows. Both Victoria and Mina were acting weird. She felt like she was left out of something important. Something that was important for Alana to know.

Alana shook her head coming out of her thoughts. She had to return back to focusing the homework Mr. Mun assigned.

───────────────────

It's been four days since Chan's arrival to Shujin Academy. He was receiving the dark end of Shujin ever since he crossed Shownu. Now, Chan has been harassed just like Felix and Hyunjin was before. The only difference was that Chan was able to fight them off, however, Shownu knew that game. With countless beatings in the boys' locker room, bathroom, and trash placed in his locker, Chan prayed he would make it through his first week of Shujin Academy. His temper was quicker and his patience ran smaller and smaller.