19 | tricks are for kids

Tactics are manipulative.
- Shiv Khera

───────────────────

───────────────────

The skies grew cloudy as the droplets of rain crashed to the ground like bullets. The rainy weather clouded a gloomy mood on Shujin Academy. Everything was moving at a slow place to Chaeyoung. Lectures seemed longer than usual, most students stayed in to study or sleep during the day. Chaeyoung struggled to stay awake and pay attention. She would look out the window and watch the rain droplets slide down on the window. Which raindrop was sliding down the fastest?

As the bell rang for the ending of the second period, Chaeyoung walked out of the classroom with her best friend Dahyun. She continued to chat about the pretty new dress she bought for the Fall Formal happening next week. Chaeyoung didn't manage to find anything. No color hasn't sprung to her mind at all.

"So," Dahyun beamed, "who you're going to the dance with?"

Chaeyoung's mind went hollow. Her lips formed to say Chan as soon as she saw him walking out of the classroom. He made eye contact with her and waved. Chaeyoung immediately waved back with a smile.

Just ask him, idiot! He can't say no to you...

"Someone special." Chaeyoung winked at Dahyun. Dahyun squeals as she nudges Chaeyoung's shoulder. Her smile soon disappeared. What if Victoria was right? What if he does reject her?

Later that day right before lunch, Chaeyoung walked with Victoria and Amber to the cafetería. Enjoying her friends' company, they were stopped by a group of guys who were shouting through their megaphones.

"Yah, the student election is coming up! Vote for this guy!" Chaeyoung spotted San with the megaphone.

"Oh great... the hyenas of Ateez are making this way." Victoria muttered, earning a laugh from Chaeyoung.

"You all need a great leader! Vote for Park Seonghwa!" Mingi shouted in his megaphone. He placed a sticker on a student's jacket. Jongho passed out flyers to every student.

"Vote for Park Seonghwa!" San echoes.

Seonghwa smiles at a group of girls who were all staring at him adoringly. They all giggled at San who joked around with them. Seonghwa brushed back his long black bangs with his hand. He had high cheekbones with fair skin and an angle sharp nose. Cherry red lips and a charming stare. A perfect look for a preppy boy.

Crush #2: Park Seonghwa. Year 2... or 3? Very gorgeous, he's from Seoul, also lab partners for Poison 101

Our first interaction is when our hands touched reaching for the same beaker. He instantly smiled shyly...

Second interaction is when he taught me how to carefully switch the poison out of the blowfish. His arms and hands wrapped over mines guiding me to cut the fish in half...