02 | new

It's always hard to deal with injuries mentally, but I like to think about it as a new beginning. I can't change what happened, so the focus needs to go toward healing and coming back stronger than before.

- Carli Lloyd

───────────────────

───────────────────

Chan wiped behind his ears with a white towel. It was a radiant morning and has been two days after being recruited as a new student in Yuri's academy. He was ready to check out of the hotel with a new blue suitcase full of new clothes and a new iPhone gifted by the man who saved him whose name was Mr. Mun Junhyuk. Mr. Yeongwoo, Yuri's older brother, groomed his hair. Chan ran his hand through his freshly dried dark brown hair.

Meeting them all down the lobby, Chan walked with Yuri and her brothers. With his passport complete, filed, and done, it was time to leave Chan's home country. As they boarded the plane, Chan felt a little uneasy. This was first class and he's never been on a plane in his entire life. He sunk back into his seat after buckling up his seat belt. The drowsiness took over his body as he drifted off to sleep next to Junhyuk.

───────────────────

Arriving at South Korea in the late afternoon, entering a new country was like starting a new lifestyle for Chan. Everything was fast-paced from busses to the streets being busy as ever.

The black Mercedes SUV they were riding around town in pulled into a gated school. The school was big as Chan thought it would be. With a modern yet vintage feel, the school had a big field Chan saw before they pulled into the school. He guessed the school was five stories.

"I'm not worthy of being here," Chan muttered to himself.

"Never underestimate your potential, Chan," Junhyuk smirked.

"Touché." Chan nodded, agreeing. He sighed aloud looking out the window. "Be confident, bro." He whispered to himself.

Inside the school made Chan feel really small. The ceilings were high and many paintings he recognized, from reading countless books about European art, were also here at the school. He could see his reflection on the marble floors and hear Yuri's heels click-clack on the floor. Chan saw at least two stairs leading up to the next level of the school. The school was awfully quiet.

Maybe school is done for the day...

They walked towards a room past the administration office. Chan then noticed it was only Yuri and Junhyuk. Yeongwoo probably stuck around in the administration office.

"Now we can't let you be enrolled into this school easily without taking our entrance exam," Yuri placed her hands behind her back, standing next to the door. "It's very strategic and has critical thinking in Math, English, Science, Philosophy, Korean literature, and art history. The passable score is at least 85%."