Chapter 104 - Thalasis

Start from the beginning

The Overlord paused. His Holy Seer was right as usual. He nodded giving his Warlord permission to speak.

Kasakh had put down her meaty bone to listen. She had somewhat trained under her father and may pick up more than the others. Furthermore, it was part his research. Any part of him was precious to her. She missed him dearly. Sharak had been her only family.

Kalthu cleared his throat nosily and started. "The Banished One had theoretically created a unique brew. Unfortunately he could not actually concoct it or test it out because he did not have the special ingredients needed to make it."

The Overlord nodded agreeing with the Warlord's narrative.

"A brew? Like a cure?"

"It was not for the nauk dzi vras, human. It was for something else."

"What?" asked Valentine.

"I do not know exactly but it must have had something to do with the Illaru's poison. That was all Sharak was working on. I was only told enough for my mission in your lands. I am sorry, I only know my assigned task."

Lazarus frowned. "Maybe Isis will know. We will ask her later."

"What did Sharak need for his special potion?" asked Constantine. He too was at the table. The Time Shield was stable. He did not need to stay near it. As long as he did not stray from the orc realm, the Shield could still feed off him.

"Some rare herbs he could find here, he had listed in his recipe. All I know was that I was to go to the human realm and find the 'water of eternal life'. In the meantime, he would search for the 'pearl of life' here."

"Rare herbs, water of eternal life and the pearl of life. It is all connected to the revival and sustenance of life, the jaav ukon's life" Constantine muttered frowning. He racked his brains, running some of his spells and special potions through his head. Nothing came to mind.

"Since I was expandable, I volunteered to go to your world. It was a really risky venture travelling to a world full of the fabled destroyers to find the missing ingredient, whatever it is. It was a suicide mission."

"I'm sorry," Lazarus said quietly. It was not a good feeling when you feel less than others. Kalthu was definitely not expandable but the Assassin understood what the orc meant. The orcs were a warrior race. Kalthu had given up the throne and was not in the line of succession. He was a warrior and if his death could help save the life of the next Overlord, it was the logical thing to do.

"It was the right thing to do. I could not just sit around not doing anything when the little one is dying." The Warlord shrugged.

"Did you find it? The 'water of eternal life'?"

"No. I did not. I could not find it." Kalthu sighed heavily shoulders sagging, "And I still do not know what it is."

"Maybe we can help ... the others are still there. They can search for it," said Valentine. "I'm pretty sure they will figure it out and find it. They are smart."

Lazarus nodded. "We will send out feelers. The girls can search the human realm while we cover here."

"If your friends find it," interjected the Overlord, "how will they bring it here? Will they come here again like when they fought Mallarg?"

Jarrakg perked up at his station behind Kalthu's chair. Was Kirana coming here? The awesome fierce lady warrior? The orcs guarding the chambers exchanged knowing looks and shared a moment of humour at their second in command's expense. Jarrakg was smitten with the human Barbarian.