wrong person

you both stared blankly at eachother. colby took one step towards you and opened his mouth. before he could say anything you walked away into your room.

you didn't want to hear what he had to say. you got ready and rushed downstairs. you just wanted to see jake. you saw brennen and corey downstairs sitting in the kitchen.

brennen : " hey y/n" he said softly
you smiled back.
y/n : " i'm heading out to see jake"
corey : " we're gonna go see him in about an 20 mins"
brennen: " yeah we just wanna freshen up"

you nodded, grabbed your car keys then walked outside. you got into your car and drove to the hospital.

you made it. you got out of the car and walked quickly to the hospital doors. you took the elevator up to jakes floor. you walked to his room. you walked in slowly.

he was just laying there with cords and tubes attached to him. you pulled up a chair and sat next to him. you held his hand.

"jake, please wake up" you whispered.
" i need you"

the doctor came in. " oh hello" he said.

y/n : " can he hear me" you asked hoping the answer would be yes.
doctor : " it's more than likely he can, yes"
you got a little happy when he said that.

" well i just wanted to check up on him real quick to make sure everything is fine, i'll leave you two alone" he said

" jake, i'm not sure if you can for sure hear me but i hope you can, i love you, and i need you to wake up. if you could talk to me i know you would say that this isn't my fault, but it is. it was supposed to be me who this happened to."

you began to cry.

" jakey, i'm sorry, i know you're in love with me. i didn't chose you and i know truly how much that hurt you. what you did for me was pure love and i should have chosen you"- you began crying heavily.

*mhm mhm* someone cleared their throat softly. you turned around and saw corey, brennen and colby.

you looked back at jake, you had no idea how long they were standing there.

y/n : " how long have you guys been standing there"
colby : " long enough to hear every word you said to jake" colby said locking his jaw.

colby walked out of the room.

you didn't even care what colby thought or felt. he made you feel the worst you have ever felt last night.

corey and brennen came up to jake. corey began to tear up.

brennen : " c'mon jake, wake up" he said softly

corey : " hey y/n, did you mean what you said, about how you should have chosen jake instead of colby"

you looked down.

y/n : " i don't know i have so many emotions running through me, but to be honest with you i think i did mean it a little"
y/n : " you guys probably think i'm a horrible person"

brennen: " no, no one is thinking that, jake could be the right choice after all"
corey : " colby has always been your one true love and i know it's cheesy and everything but he's the one for you, he might've said some crappy things to you but all i'm saying is that it's pretty obvious you and colby belong together"

you sighed.