nervous

"colby... are you serious?"

colby just looked at you.
colby : " yeah um nevermind"

colby started the car and drove. you just sat in silence. you couldn't believe colby just asked you to marry him.

you finally got to the house. you were anxious to get out of the car. you opened up your door as soon as colby parked. you walked inside and up to your room. it was about midnight now.

you wanted to be alone but yet you wanted to talk to someone. you needed devyn but she wasn't here. you didn't want to bother kat cause you didn't know if she was sleeping or something. but she was your bestfriend and you needed her. you decided to text her.

y/n : hey i need to talk to you now

kat : okay i'm here

y/n : can i come over ?

kat : sure, this must be important

you sneaked downstairs and grabbed your car keys. you got into your car and drove off to kat's. luckily she only lived 10 mins away.

you rang the doorbell. kat opened the door.
" hey what's wrong" she said concerned. you and her made your guys's way to kat's couch.

y/n : " colby asked me to marry him" you said quietly
kat : " what!" she exclaimed
y/n : " yeah" you said quietly again
kat : "what did you say?"
y/n : " nothing i didn't know what to
say and i still don't"
kat : " oh my gosh, wow... this is crazy"
y/n : " i know and it came out of no where"
kat : " well what do you wanna say"
y/n : " i don't know, i don't wanna say yes but i don't wanna say no either"
kat : " i'm just in so much shock right now"
y/n : " me too" ... " can i stay here please, for the night or two?"
kat : " of course" she said leaning in giving you a hug.

you and kat talked about it a little while longer until you had enough. you went to sleep.

it was now the next day and there was no way you could go back home. you stayed with kat the whole day. you borrowed her clothes. you haven't heard a single word from colby.

it was now 6pm.
kat : " we should go out and do something"
y/n : " i don't know man"
kat : " we've been inside all day"
y/n : " well what do you wanna do?"
kat : " party ?"
you gave her a "seriously" look.
y/n : " i'm not in the mood to party"
kat : " oh come on"
y/n : "i'm sorry kat but i really don't feel like it"
kat : " it's okay y/n, i understand"

*ding* your phone went off. " i'm scared to check" you told kat.
you picked up your phone. it was sam. he sent you a text saying : " hey everything okay?"
you replied with : " has colby told
you anything"

you and sam texted back and forth saying this...

sam : " he told me he fucked up but he didn't say anything more"

y/n : " he thinks he fucked up ?"
" i just don't know what to say to him
right now"

sam : " yeah, he's been in his room all day"
" what happened between you two?"
" it was going so good last night"

y/n : " he asked me to marry him"

sam : " what ??"
" seriously?"

y/n : " yeah"

sam : " i'm gonna go talk to him"
" i'll text you later"

you wanted to talk to colby so bad but you had no idea what to say. you knew that if you talked to him it would be awkward and you didn't want to bring up the whole marry me thing.

you knew you couldn't stay at kat's forever and eventually had to go back home.

you and kat just decided to go to target. you hung out there for a little while. then you guys got dinner at olive garden. it was now 8pm.
you were there for about 2 hours.

it was now 10 pm. you guys got into her car. " do you think i should go talk to colby" you asked. " i really don't know, i don't know how he feels about this situation but if you think it's important to go talk to him then you should" she replied. " i'm just scared, what if he ignores me or hates me" you said. " colby does not hate you" she replied.

you decided to go talk to colby. kat was now driving you back home. she pulled into the driveway. you sat in her car.

kat : " are you gonna go?"
y/n : " yeah"

you opened up her car door.
kat : " hey, good luck" she smiled
y/n : " imma need it... but thank you"
you smiled back

you opened up the front door. there was no one downstairs. you took a deep breath and walked up the stairs.

you knocked on sams door first. there wasn't an answer. you stood in front of colby's door. you were so so nervous you were shaking. you got butterflies in your stomach from being so nervous. you took one deep breath in and knocked on his door.