secret

you waited at his door for a few seconds waiting for an answer. right before you got the chance to knock again the door opened. colby made eye contact with you. his eyes looked tired and puffy. he was shirtless and wearing black sweats.

"hi" you whispered. emotions drowned you. you felt like you were gonna cry. "hi" he said quietly back. you two both stood in silence for a  few seconds. " do you wanna sit down?" he said pointing at his couch. " sure" you said softly. you walked into his room and colby shut the door behind him.
" is sam not here ?" you asked avoiding eye contact.
colby : " uh no, everyone is out of the house right now"
y/n : " oh"
colby : " yeah"

   you looked up at colby. he was standing up looking at the ground. his hands were behind his back. out of no where you stood up and said " i- i should go"
colby looked at you.

colby : " y/n" he said softly
    you looked at him. " i'm sorry"

y/n : " no colby i'm sorry"... i left you in the dark for a these couple of days... things got confusing and i walked away from it"
colby : " no don't apologize y/n... i threw something at you out of the blue... " it's my fault"
   y/n : " did you mean it, did you mean what you asked me ?" you said tearing up.

you were leaning up against his door and he moved closer towards you.
colby : " i wanna spend the rest of my life with you, and i wouldn't have said it if i didn't mean it" he said softly

    you just stared him in the eyes. you didn't know what to say to him.

y/n : " colby i-"
there were a few seconds of silence again.
colby : " do you not wanna spend the rest of your life with me?"... " i'm sorry i'm pushing all of this again on you"
y/n : " i do wanna spend the rest of my life with you"
colby : " but?"
y/n : " are you asking me to marry you right now ?"
colby just stared at you.
colby : " i-i... no, not yet i guess"
y/n : " colby..." you said sincerely. you knew that something was bothering him.

colby : " i don't want to lose you y/n"

you grabbed colby's face with both of your hands.

y/n : " you will never lose me colby... i'm never going to leave you"

colby : " i'm just scared... when you told me everything in the car the other night about how you love me so much i was falling deeper in love with you and picturing our life 10 years from now"

y/n : " you pictured a life with me" you said softly, a tear rolling down your cheek. you gave him a small smile.
colby : " of course" he smiled.

you kissed colby. you wrapped your hands around his neck. you pulled away, looked at him and smiled.

colby : " i don't want you to say yes or no... take as much time as you need even if it takes 5 years, after all i'm not even 100% yet if i'm ready for marriage."
y/n : " you asked me to marry you yet you didn't know 100% if you were ready ?"
colby : " i mean i'm just saying we're still only 22 and 20... i know for a fact that i wanna marry you 100% but i wouldn't do it right away... we'd just be engaged for a little while."

y/n : " you really love me that much, i mean like to marry me"
colby : " are you kidding me ?... y/n you're amazing"
you gave him a small smile.

you walked your way to colby's bed. you flopped down on it. colby then flopped on the bed too. " ouch" you laughed. colby landed on your arm. " sorry" he said kissing it.

   colby wrapped his arm around your shoulder.
colby : " i want you to know that you can tell me anything, absolutely anything"

     you played with your fingers for a second.
" i miss jake" you said quietly. colby didn't say anything. you sat up and looked at him. "
you said i can tell you anything and i wanna be honest with you" you said softly

colby : " yeah you're right i know" he said softly
    you held his hand.
y/n : " i bet you have something that you don't want to tell me but since we are telling eachother everything it's only fair to tell me"

colby looked down, he was playing with his rings.   you knew he had something to tell you.

y/n : " colby what is it ?" 
colby : " you're gonna hate me for this, like genuinely hate me... and i'm sorry for doing it"
y/n : " colby..." you said scared

colby : " i told jake to let you go" he said quietly looking down. " i was so jealous, i was scared to permanently lose you, i thought i was gonna lose you to jake... and i regret telling him to let you, i shouldn't have done that, i felt so bad after it tore you apart.

     you sat there in disbelief. you got up angrily. " you told jake to give me up because you're selfish over me"  you yelled out of anger.

colby : " y/n i'm sorry i know it was selfish and stupid of me to ask him to do it"

   you just looked at colby out of anger. " i can't believe jake actually did it because of you" you said tearing up.

colby : " the only reason jake decided to do it was because he didn't want you to have to keep choosing between us two."
     you shook your head and looked up at the ceiling holding back tears. 
   you sighed. colby got up and stood in front of you. he placed his hand on your arm.

y/n : " i'm not mad at you colby... i want to be but if i was you i would've done the same thing... i couldn't lose you to someone else"

colby : " i just need you to know how sorry i am"
y/n : " i believe you" you smiled a little

     colby hugged you tightly.