hurt

" well what is it" you snapped a little towards the doctor.

doctor : " we did the surgery and everything went completely smooth but we are not sure if he'll wake up."
y/n : " what... what do you mean"
doctor : " jake is in a coma and we're not sure when he'll wake up"

the room went silent.

corey : " how long do you think"
doctor : " every person is different... it could be hours, days, weeks-
y/n : " years ?" you said interrupting the doctor.
doctor : possibly

you grabbed jakes hand really hard. you cried into it.

the doctor left to give you all some space.
colby came over and put his hand on your shoulder. you could hear him sniffling.

" this is all my fault" you said softly.
" no, no it's not" colby said.

y/n : " yes it is" you got up and yelled.
" they wanted me, this was supposed to be me and instead... instead jake is on this bed and god knows when or if he'll ever wake up... you can not tell me this is not my fault cause it is"
you yelled at colby crying.

you ran out of the room. you ran down the hall into the bathroom. you ran into a stall and cried your eyes out.

you have no idea how you would live with yourself if jake never woke up.

you sat there for 5 mins. you walked out of the stall and wiped your tears. you walked out of the restroom and sat on a chair outside in the hallway.

you saw sam walk out of jakes room. he saw you and walked towards you. he kneeled in front of you.
" you alright" he asked.
" no" you sighed.

sam : " c'mon" he said motioning his hands up.
you got up and hugged sam. he hugged you tightly and that's what you needed.

you looked up and saw colby leaning up against the wall. he was looking at you.

you released the hug with sam. you walked over to colby. you hugged him. colby gave you a kiss on your forehead. you dug your face into his chest. " never leave me" you whispered to him. " i would never" he said back to you.

you all walked back to jakes hospital room. corey was in there. he's been so quiet.

sam : " i would've never imagined this ever happening"
colby: " me too, especially to jake"

the doctor walked in. " hey guys" he said.
" i just have to do a little check up on him real quick". he checked his wound from surgery and he checked his heart rate.

he walked back out.

colby really started crying out of no where.
he stormed out of the room.

you wanted to run after him but you knew he needed space.

it was now 3am. you didn't want to leave jakes side just incase he wakes up. you pulled up a chair and sat it right next to him.

y/n : " you alright corey, i get the situation we're in but you've been really quite"
corey : " im just- i don't have any words to describe how i'm feeling"
you nodded in understanding

sam : " i don't think any of us know what to think or say at this point."

you fell asleep next to jakes side. you woke up and it was 4am.

sam was still awake.
sam : " you should go home, take a shower or sleep in a bed"
y/n : " i can't"
sam : " i promise to you if he wakes up or if there is any news i will call you immediately"

you thought about it for a second, you didn't want to leave but you wanted to sleep in jakes bed to comfort you.

y/n : " okay i'm going home but i'll be back soon"
sam : "okay" he smiled.

you took the elevator downstairs. you called an uber to take you home. it was about a 30 min car ride.

you finally reached your house. you walked inside and the lights were on.

you froze. your body became numb. you were so scared. someone peeked around the corner of the kitchen. it was colby. you sighed in relief.

you walked towards him and noticed 3 empty beer bottles and half the bottle of whiskey missing on the kitchen counter.

you were angry.

y/n : " colby your drunk"
colby : " no i'm fine" he said sounding like he was about to pass out.
y/n : " i can't believe you right now"
colby : " oh c'mon, one of my bestfriends is practically dead i think i deserve a drink"
he snapped at you.

you began yelling at him.

y/n : " colby, jake is one of my bestfriends
too along with everyone in this house and you don't see us getting wasted" you snapped back.

colby : " i didn't mean to drink this much okay ?"
y/n : " are you serious ? so you're saying you getting almost black out drunk was an accident"
colby : " don't yell at me"
y/n : " well colby i am, i'm hurt and tired and scared and you're not helping"

colby : " well i'm sorry that i'm such a bad boyfriend... you would rather be with jake anyways"
y/n : " you know that is not true"
colby : " maybe you should be with him, after all your the reason he might never wake up"

the kitchen filled with silence.

y/n : " at least jake wanted to save me, at least he risked his life for mine and what did you do nothing" you yelled.
y/n : " maybe jake loves me more and maybe i should be with jake because if you truly did love me you would have done something besides just sit there" you yelled while crying

the room once again filled with silence.

colby : " fuck you" he looked you in the eyes and it seemed like he meant it.
he stormed upstairs and you heard him slam
his door.

you fell to the ground crying.