The Dance Performance- I

Chapter- 62

(The Dance Performance- I)

( All the way dedicating this Chapter to @flowingserenity , Welcome back Sis :) )

Engineering colleges are renowned for one thing and it is Ragging. But as I walked into my campus I found sign boards displayed all around stating “Ragging is punishable crime according to Indian Penal code and may be jailed for 1 year” I guess all the seniors have taken this very seriously and I dint even see a single senior ragging their junior in college.

Complete recession made IT (Information Technology) and CSE (Computer Science Engineering) come down and seats were readily available in these branches, which was once the position of Mechanical and Civil engineering. In any college Civil and Mechanical colleges are considered to be dry branches and no one cares them much. The reason behind this is not that the education and subjects are dry, it’s just that you don’t really find girls in these branches and even if you find not all girls are good looking (No offence if any good looking girl from these 2 branches is reading.)

Walking alone to class was a terrifying experience. None of my friends is beside me. I was more like a person thrown in to swimming pool and asked to swim for the first time. This confusion ended up, landing me in Information technology class for some time, which I have recognised a bit quickly and made myself out of the class prior the lecturer asks me to get out of the class. I somehow made into my class room and made some place to sit in the third bench which I usually feel more secured. I kept observing everyone, more like an abandoned dog. Meanwhile a person walked into class of 5 feet 11 inches tall, fair but not so well built. He walked into class with a heavy bag on his shoulders and a basket with a water bottle a tiffin box in his hand. I guess he is the first person doing so and I felt that he can never be my friend but fortunately he turned to be best friends of my life who was with me at all odds.

*****

“So what are the two major forces which govern the whole Universe?” Our Physics lecturer Mr.Sridhar asked in a tone which can tear my ear drum quite easily as I was moved from 3rd bench to 1st bench.

“Gravitational Force.” Someone from back shouted and everyone added their tone to it similar to the heard of sheep.

“No.” saying Mr.Sridhar nodded his head.

And answers flooded after that starting from centrifugal force, magnetic force, shear force, tensile force and compressive force for which sir just nodded his head and said they are wrong. Though all this fun was happening I could see one person adding lip sink to the words but there was no real voice indeed. I looked at him and he is the same person who was carrying a basket with water bottle and a double tiffin box.

“It is the Basic attraction and repulsive forces which govern all the forces.” Sir said smiling and the biggest relief I could see is in the person sitting beside me.

“So just take the figures of 1D, 2D and 3D elements” saying Mr.Sridhar turned towards the white board.

I was taking the figures quickly and just had a glance on the person sitting beside me, at once I could see how he was troubled with 3D figures. I dint ask him but drew the figures in his book.

“Done..!” I said looking at him.

“Thank you so much for helping.” He said with a low voice as he was afraid of being caught.

Tring ….….. (Bell ringing)

“So that’s all for today, next time I will see you people in Physics lab, make sure that you are thorough with the basic principles or else you will be out of lab.” Saying Mr.Sridhar left the class room.

“Hey, this is Ravi.” Saying the guy beside me headed his hand towards me.

“This is Aj.” Saying I shook his hand firmly.

Ravi gradually grown very close to me becoming my first bestie in college and later few more are added in typical situations like one at examination hall, one at canteen eating my box and one at bus stop. I was well contended with all my friends and enjoyed my classes.

******

Few days passed and there was no great change in college, it was a usual 10.00 am to 4.00 pm college with 2 subject and lab a day. Lunch break was half an hour, bunking of classes is seriously considered and even if you bunk class you can’t cross the Gates of college which are considered stronger than the Walls of Troy. 

Nisha was always in my thoughts, there wasn’t a single day I spent without remembering her, but I was helpless, in no way I was in touch with Nisha. This time I diverted my thoughts towards studies. I was completely busy with studies, though I stand in some 50th out of 120 position in class during the admission, I straight away banged the first place in my first mid-term examination.

****

“Aj, come fast gotta show you something really interesting.” Ravi pulled my hand to the big 52 inch monitor screen which usually runs displaying the current events running in the college in front of vice principal room.

“Congrats..!!”  A group of my classmates congratulated me who were already looking at the monitor for updates.

“Photograph of mine, followed by name, branch and marks(136/140) and stating 1st in class displayed on monitor screen.”

I was not proud at that moment for being class topper but indeed happy for my performance in the exam.

While Ravi was shouting for the party, the next slide made me even more Happy. Its Nan’s pic ( John and Nan, chapter-22) being the topper of  Bio Technology group was displayed I just sighed and felt good that origin always matters. We both belong to same school and two schoolmates performance is proved the best of all in the college was a great moment of happiness.

“Dance, Singing and drama competitions to be held on November 12th 2009, do participate and prove your Branch is the best.” Was displayed on monitor screen.

At once felt to go and give my name in dance as like in school but never dared.

“So which competition are you participating Mr.Topper.” Mrs.Sujitha my English lecturer asked me as I dint notice that she was standing just behind.

Mrs.Sujitha is a kind hearted and fun filled English lecturer. She used to take both English class as well as communication lab for us. Of all the classes in college I used to love English classes a lot and vice-versa to all my friends as her teaching was always more of practical approach and most of my friends hate or moreover are afraid to open up their mouth in class.

“I am not interested ma’am.” I just sighed and said these words.

“Not only in studies Aj, you need to be in all activities.” Mrs. Sujitha said.

 I just smiled and said to myself, given a chance I would have done all three but whom should i do it for?so i decided that I am not doing.