AND THE LAST MONTH

• Opgedragen aan Rev.Fr.Ambrose Beck

                                                Chapter-30

                                (  And the Last month … )

                                It’s been two days I have seen my Girl. Monday’s are indeed beautiful days for me as they get me and my girl together from a painful weekend.  I was indeed most enthusiastic to see my girl as its Valentine’s Day too. I just walked to nearby flower bouquet shop and collected a Red rose. I was walking happily to school to celebrate this first Valentine ’s Day of my life.

                                I entered into school and saw Mrs. Prema who was the most adorable person on the earth. I ,Din and John had a good bond with Mrs.Prema . Though she is of 52 years age she still behave the same way as one of our best friends would be. She knows everything about us. There wasn’t a single day from 9th standard without meeting her. Whenever we get time we go to her and tell her everything about us. Though she shouts at us sometimes but always guides us the right way . She never stops us doing from anything and in school we consider her to be one of our Best friend or often to be our Mother.

“Where are you rushing?” Mrs.Prema caught hold of my hand and asked me while I was going to see my girl.   

“Teacher please……..!!!! I have to go……” I said trying to lose my hand from her grip.

“I will allow you only if you tell me the reason, “she said not allowing me to move.

“Teacher todays its Valentine’s Day so going to see my girl “I said blushing all the way.

“Al ready you made a whole lot of mess in school, I going to break your bones if you repeat it again“ Mrs.Prema said showing typical Indian Parental love towards their Kids .

“Its Ok teacher…. You don’t worry “   I said running towards my new class with rose in my hand.

I stopped suddenly and was seeing my girl with Sudeep sharma standing infront of my class room. I was broken for a while as I thought I will give her the rose and wish on this best day. I was walking slowly towards the class and saw a sudeep sharma giving her paper folded 5 times. As I don’t want my heart to think it to be a letter I termed it just to be a paper folded 5 times. My girl though initially was reluctant in taking but he forced her to take. I was deeply hurt to see this scene. The day which I thought to be the beautiful day of my life turned completely against. I crushed the rose in my hand until I can feel the blood making it completely wet. I could feel my eyes becoming wet but I never showed it up. I walked the same way and passed her but she never bothered to give me a look.

I was calm all the day, New class room usually leaves you lonely but this was haunting me. As it is just 1 more month for our 10th class public Examination all the teachers want us to revise for the examination with surprise tests now and then.

Every day in this new class was really haunting as we are not able to enjoy the last one beautiful month of our High School, treating the people with less marks as second class citizen sand separating them from us and of all my girl with Sudeep Sharma was even more hurting.

“Teacher we want to go back to our class” I said with Din and John standing beside me and repeating the same to Mrs.Alice .

“Now ,what happened to you ? “ Mrs.Alice asked while Mrs.Jaysree looked at us with surprise.

“Teacher we don’t find it right getting separated from our classmates who were our  besties right from kindergarten and moreover dividing based on grade is not at all a right way I feel, It indeed kills there self-motivation.” I said.

Mrs. Alice was a kind-hearted gentle person. She understood what we want and said that she will have a discussion with all the 10th Grade teachers and Principal and let them hear what students want.

“Request Principal before we go as he got a soft corner towards students.” Mrs.Alice said.

“Its ok teacher “we said and exchanged a smile with Mrs.Alice and Mrs.Jayasree as well.

We walked towards our principlas chamber and were asked to wait as he was in a meeting.

“Rev.Fr.Ambrose Beck” written on a board outside his chamber. There was a severe crisis in our school when I was in 5th standard due to lack of proper management and that is when Fathers of SVD have taken our school’s management and rebuit it . Of the most renowned names who re-built our school Fr.Ambrose beck name comes first. He was a Tall man of 6 feet 3 inches ,body well-built and his long white robe always on. Many of the students in school call him Fr. Beckham because of his extraordinary footballing skills. Fr.Ambrose beck never looks down anyone he encourages everyone in all the departments, he randomly comes into the classrooms when the teacher is on leave and tells us beautiful stories. He is a excellent orator who makes everyone mesmerizing with his kind words.

“Good afternnon Father. “ we said

“Good afternoon , So why am I seeing Vishwamitra wandering all around during his class hours?”  Fr.Beck asked smiling and looking into his papers doing some work. Father Usually calls me “Vishwamitra” from the day of “seetha kalyanam” and teases me often.

“ Father ,we feel getting separated during last few days of our schooling is not good , this builds pressure in everyone’s mind and as you know this never happened in our school history, so we would like to request you on behalf of everyone to get us back into our original sections. “

Father smiled and said “ What you wish will Happen , but for now go back into your class and sit , I should never find you roaming in corridors during class hours.”

“Thank you very much Father “ we said and ran towards the class.

                Never in our school history again we had classes based on grade, though all the school around ours had classes based on grade we never followed it. This made our school special in heart of every student.

                                                                Chapter-31

                                                        ( Farewell Day…!!! )