I stand by you...

Chapter 83

                                                                               I stand by you

"Aj you cook so............... good probably I am the luckiest" she said taking a bite of dosa sitting on the kitchen stove slab.

"How many more?" I said after putting 3 dosas.

She showed one finger first and it went on till showing all the five fingers.

"Are you serious?" I said with my eyes wide open.

"Stop teasing me Aj.. You put dosa so nicely and I am in love with them more then you" she said raising her plate for pickle like a kid.

"You have 10 more minutes baby, you are getting late." I said showing her wall clock in kitchen.

"Oh my god! Aj, I have a client meeting today. Its all because of you I am getting late every day." Saying she took last bite of fourth dosa.

"Aj please pack the remaining. I will eat them during lunch" saying she quickly washed her hand and stood looking at me which meant that I should drop her at office.

I quickly got ready and we both reached the car and started towards her office to drop her.

"Why are you opening tiffin box now?" I asked with my mouth wide open.

"Shut up Aj, keep your mouth the same way" saying she kept a piece of dosa in my mouth.

If you have wife who is caring like a mother, talking like a daughter and loving like a friend then you dont need any peace on this Earth.

"Enoghhhhh... I cant eat anymore" I resisted like a kid as she was trying to keep very big pieces of dosa.

"Shut up Aj, saying she wiped my mouth with her wet hanky and by the time we reached her office. She exchanged a quick peck and moved into her office running like an Kindergarten student with a bag in her hand.

I have an addiction to look at her till I get the last sight of her. It started when I first started loving her in ninth standard and I guess it will leave when I leave this earth.

*****

"The design which we have sent previously is failing in construction stage." Rishan said in a low voice while I was working on a cable stayed bridge.

"How can that happen?" I was shocked for a while.

"Aj you asked me to check it for construction stage but I some how missed it." He said in the same voice.

I was a bit annoyed as it is going to effect alot.

"Tring...!! Tring...!!

The land line on my desk rang.

"Aj, in my office"

I was not in position to say, yes or no but I knew who it was.

"Do you what happened" Mr. KK asked a known question.

I remained quiet as I know what is going to happen.

" So how did I happen" he asked in the same tone.

I felt it is useless to remain quite and I said "It's my mistake."

"I guess you know how to correct it" he said sipping his coffee.

"Yes sir!" saying I walked outside.

"Bro, I am sorry" Rishan said when I was back in my seat.

I smiled and started my work.

"Sweetheart calling" my phone showed.

But the work dominated me to not even look at my phone.

Time was ticking quickly but I somehow got time to text Nisha to leave in cab. She immediately called me but I

By the time I have completed my work it crossed 12.00 am. I slowly went to Mr.KK's chamber and kept down the project on his desk and left home.

I reached home in about 45 minutes. I took out the duplicate keys which I had and opened the door slowly.

I walked inside the bedroom to see Nisha as I was guilty that I was unable to pick her from office. I opened the bed room door very slowly but I dint find her on bed.

I walked around in the home like an abandoned kid and to my utter surprise I found her on bed sleeping on the table.

At this instance I was feeling ashamed of what I have done. I don't even have the courage to wake her up but I cant allow her to sleep on the table as well. So I slowly walked to her and put my hand on her shoulder and called her name "Nisha.."

She just moved a little and got up from sleep.

"Aj............" saying she hugged.

"Hey Nish.. I am sorry I was badly struck in work. I am really sorry" I said looking into her eyes.

"What is this Aj? If something happened to me and if I call you, will you be the same way?" She asked with her little innocent eyes.

I felt like a thousand thorns hit on my face. I remained quiet and she hugged me back and said "It's okay darling. I understand. Please don't feel bad."

"Just give me 2 minutes Aj, I will get you some yummy chapathis. In the mean time you just get ready." She said and without even waiting for my yes or no she ran into kitchen as she was sure that I will not eat anywhere other than home.

I changed my dress and came down into kitchen and I have seen those perfectly round chapathi's.

"What you don't want to sit in Dining room?" "Okay, Sit here." Saying she made me sit on kitchen stove slab and started to feed me small bites of Chapathi. I knew Nisha would never eat without me so I forcefully tried to feed her.

I tried to clean utensils once we had our late supper but Nisha repelled me doing that and I silently went to bed room and slept to one corner of bed with eyes closed, brain working and heart crying.

I can feel Nisha coming, switching of the light, came down to me, kissed on my forehead and then I opened my eyes.

"Aj.. Will you take me out?" She asked with her heart locked to mine.

"Surely." I said

I took out the car keys and she handed over bike keys.

It was around 2.00 o' clock in the night and I took Nisha on to the Outer Ring Road where the winter's breeze was as cool as having a piece of ice in hand.

We parked our bike on one corner and sat down on the kerb of footpath.

I remained silent for some more time and then thought to explain Nisha what happened " Nish, actually I was called by my boss........." But Nisha stopped me putting her finger on my lips and later kissed me on my lips.

"Never explain me anything Aj. I trust you and I knew in what situations you would have done that." saying she rolled her fingers into mine and holded me tight.

We sat down until the sunrays slowly started to hit us and this day Nisha demonstrated the true meaning of "I stand by you..."