FAREWELL DAY -II

CHAPTER-33

( FAREWELL DAY -2)

“ You 3 need to be back stage “ Mrs.Prema said

“ But why teacher ? we aren’t performing this time, its our juniours performing right ?”

“You 3 idiots ,do what I say don’t ask me too many questions.”she said with a smile on her face and left.

We followed her and sat inside the classroom behind the stage. I remember it was in the 4th class when I was first introduced to sit in the back stage and never from that day I was not in the audience during any cultural event and even today Mrs.Prema made us sit in the back stage.

We came out of the classroom to see few dance performances .

“And the last event was for today’s Farewell day is Farewell song by Mrs.Prema and Co.,” Anchor on the stage announced.

Mrs.Prema while walking on the stage said “ Walk on to the stage ,when I call.”

We were completely perplexed and clueless of what is going to happen.As the song started with beautiful lyrics which included all our school life suddenly there was line in song describing 3 of ours friends. Which startled three of us at a time. It was biggest honour for us to be a part of our school farewell song. Not everyone in the 400 students of 10th standard has got this opportunity. We were always special to Mrs.Prema and she showed her unconditional love towards us by means of this song.

We walked on to the stage while Mrs.Prema gestured us to walk onto the stage.

“Woooooooo………….” A big cheer in audience when we walked onto the stage.

We we onto the stage and holing hands with few teachers and students on the stage we  made a chain and started waving rhythmically with the song. This is the moment which paid all our hard work. This is the moment which proved that our school is also bestowed to have us.

Song finished and we walked down the stage and Rev.Fr.Ambrose beck was on stage with his short Valedictory speech.

“ You students have a bright future, keep your friendship always together.” Mrs.Prema said with tears rolling down.

“Eyes reflect the heart of a person and tears are words expressed by heart to know the pain”

“Please teacher don’t cry, we will come to meet you every year. We will miss you a lot  and you will be our all time favourite forever. We love you teacher.” We said took her blessing and walked back again to classroom.

We went to classroom . There was a small cake cutting party held. Mrs.Alice , cut the cake and gave all the students a piece. We had a small event of performing individual skills. Everyone enjoyed it thoroughly. Mrs.Alice wished us all the best and handed us our 10th standard Hall tickets.

(As 10th class examination is state wise test and hence we get different centre’s for writing examination.)

Luck was not on my side again ,pain still want to see the depth of heart so pierced me again. I and my Girl got two different centres  for examination which made us completely apart from each other marking today as the last day of our meet.

Mrs.Alice wished us all the best and broke down into tears. Mrs.Alice is the most wonderful person whom we had us as our class teacher for the last few memorable days in our life.

“This is the first time I had tears in class, your class means a lot to me, I treated you always like my children and loved you the same way.” Mrs.Alice said .

All the class moved close to our teacher and consoled her and made her smile again.

All the class moved out to see all the teachers and school for the last time. We meet all the teachers and everyone received us with warmth.

“How come..?” My girl asked me while we were walking to see our primary school and started to cry.

“I took her hand into mine ,” Its okay dear don’t cry.

“I cant write exams without seeing you …, I just cant be..” My girl said tightening her grip and hugging my hand with her other hand and her head on my shoulder.

We left each other bidding bye but I was with my girl till everyone left . She cried for an hour almost. She took out a small white paper and wrote “I LOVE YOU” and on the other “ALL THE BEST” a small tear with huge emotions travelled all over her cheeks and managed to fall on that white paper.

“I love you AJ, keep this with and read it before you leave to exam hall. I will miss you a lot .”

We walked back home after that. I dint drop a single tear from my eye but my heart was weeping aloud, I am not the part of my school anymore now. I miss my girl, my love. I don’t want to lose her and was thinking of various plans to convince her father to marry my girl, yes !! I was planning at the age of 14 years 11 months to marry a girl at 23 year  of my age. Whole night I was planning and got an idea at 3.30 am that morning.

CHAPTER-34

(TELEPHONE…)