The 7 vows

The 7 Vows

I quickly walked towards ICU. I could see Nisha on a bed dressed on a single robe and I only can see blood running over her forehead. My heart was quenched with pain I sat down just before the door with people walking busily and suddenly saw few people stop infront of me.

I was weak, exhausted and in deep grief while I felt a heavy grab on my collar and pulled me up. It was Nisha's father.

"You dint leave my daughter even now?" He said with repeated slaps on my face which I faced with no energy as my mind was locked only on the person inside the ICU rather than the rest of the world.

I don't know what happened but suddenly I lost my grip and fell on the floor.

Holding me the same way he dragged me till the steps and said "This is the last time I am leaving you, never ever try to talk with Nisha. You have created enough mess in her life now let her live her life." I was merely hearing him as my eyes are only looking for Nisha.

I got up and started to walk towards ICU again and he pushed me with much agony and I fell down with no energy left to stand.

"Patient is fine no need to worry, only one can come and see her." Someone shouted and Nisha's Father ran towards the ICU.

I am contended with those few words and with no intentions to make any more mess I started to walk outside.

****

"Dude, are you kidding?"John asked his first question without even saying "Hello" after the call.

"Do you real think I will joke in this matter?" I said packing my bag.

"So you have decided it?" He asked with same enthusiasm.

"Yes bro! Nisha's parents did not agree THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL." I said highlighting the important points.

"Then what about your parents?" John asked.

"They are still in chaos, as Nisha's father is my daddy's friend he don't want spoil the relationship and make it look like he was taking advantage all these days, so he said he won't be attending marriage ceremony." I said.

"Whom did you invite then?" He asked.

"Only a few and make sure that you are available by 10.00 am tomorrow. Ok I will call you later Nisha is calling." Saying I picked up Nisha's call.

"Aj, I am moving to the flat now, mom was crying and dad maintained his agony alive. I spent all the one month on bed explaining them how much I loved you but they seemed ruthless. Probably they will not accept our marriage. I know I love them but I cannot sacrifice my life living as wife of a stranger." She said with voice broken and brave.

"Nisha, do you think we are doing the right thing?" I asked after listening to her.

"Aj, I can't be without you. I know it is wrong to do marriage without our parent's consent but it is equally wrong to cheat ourselves and live our lives with strangers." she said with stern voice.

"Ok it's all over now Aj, I am moving to the apartment. I have paid the advance which we saved together and for today sushma will be with me. As it is not right for us to stay together before marriage." She said with a much soft voice and I was in mixed feelings listening to her cuteness and innocence.

"Okay then I will meet you in the evening then.! " I said as I need to arrange few things for her before marriage day.

"No need, no meeting, nothing. I have my shopping and other works. You make sure that you are present by 10.00 am sharp in the temple."

***
I took blessings from my mom, as she is on the same side of my father he constrained her not to attend my wedding.

I reached temple by 9.00 o'clock as I need to manage the priest and later register the marriage as well. My friends were around me teasing me as I was the first to get married this way.

I went to bring some water as directed by priest and I saw Nisha walking inside into the temple.

An angel in a temple, a magic in my life,

Her inconvincible beauty, her miraculous smile,

Her walk resembling a little puppy,

Her smile an added decoration on her face,

Her eyes can cuddle a beast with single look,

For me she is my life and will be forever.

I kept staring at her as she walked close to me.

"How am I?" She asked with lots of anxiety.

"You look like a whole universe?" I replied with my eyes still locked at her.

"Universe cannot be complete without you." She replied with eyes still hugging mine.

"I guess you people should stop your astronaut talk and move" Sushma interrupted as we both smiled and all of us walked towards the priest and friends holding the garlands.

"You people just resemble Sita Ram, but I want you to never leave her Mr. Ram" Priest said pointing towards me.

His words are just to keep the environment cool, but that what he said is decided by me a decade ago when I first saw her riding a cute little bicycle. I know I will take the best care of her even in the hardest times and I know I will never let a tear shed from her eye.

I was sitting beside Nisha until priest asked us to take the 7 vows around the pious fire explaining the meaning for every round we made.

In the first round, the couple prays to God for plenty of nourishing and pure food. They pray to God to let them walk together so that they will get food.

In the second round, the couple prays to God for a healthy and prosperous life. They ask for the physical, spiritual and mental health from God.

In the third the couple prays to God for wealth. They ask God for the strength for both of them so that they can share the happiness and pain together. Also, they pray so that they can walk together to get wealth.

In the fourth round the couple prays to God for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families.

In the fifth round bride and groom together pray for the beautiful, heroic and noble children from God in the fifth step.

In the sixth holy round around the fire, the couple asks for the peaceful long life with each other.

In the final seventh round the couple prays to god for companionship, togetherness, loyalty and understanding between themselves. They ask God to make them friends and give the maturity to carry out the friendship for lifetime.

We finished the 7 vows after the holy Knot I tied around her neck.

I was always looking into her eyes to make sure that she is happy with what is happening without parents consent and she seemed perfectly fine with a perfect grin.

Once the whole marriage was completed we took blessings from priest.

"If you are not very modern, girl should touch the feet of husband after the marriage." Priest said with little humour while all of them laughed and I have seen Nisha bend down to touch my feet, I quickly grabbed her shoulders and pulled her up. Landing a gentle kiss on her forehead I said,

"Your place ever after will always remain in my heart" and hugged her.

At this moment I found her tears quarrelling inside her eyes. But she never let them flow.

I holded her tight as I never want to feel the little emptiness.

We walked out of the temple and landed in registrar office to register the marriage.

It took some time with all the formalities but completed it by the evening.

John arranged a small party which he felt the only way to gift me and all of us thoroughly enjoyed as rain added the beauty to the evening.

We reached the apartment by the end of the day as our friends left us teasing in all possible ways.