Chapter 42

Jackson's POV
The following morning, I was inconsiderately awakened by the irritating ring of my phone.

I ran two hands over my face, angry that somebody chose to call me an hour prior to my alarm. Lifting my head, I adjusted so that my eyes were able to stop on the woman that I love very much. My arm moved to stroke her cheek but stopped as soon as she started stirring.

As soon as I moved to get out of bed, a hand swiftly flew and latched onto my forearm. I looked back at the glowing face of my Angel and instantly felt my lower regions tighten. Natalia manages to juggle sexy and beautiful all into one category. If bedhead wasn't a kink to me before... it is now.

At the sight of my eyes locking on hers, Natalia welcomed me with a tired yet stunning smile that only reminded me of how lucky I was.

"When did you wake up, Angel? Go back to sleep. I know you're still tired. You and gioia mia (my joy) need way more sleep than five hours," I whispered firmly.

"If I go back to sleep, I wouldn't get the chance to kiss you goodbye..." She pouted innocently, jutting out her bottom lip. From the waist— down, I could feel my muscles tingling. She was just so tempting and doesn't even know what she's doing to me right now.

"Of all days, you need to do this to me now, Angel? Damn." I advanced across the bed on my knees and brought Natalia into a strong, morning kiss.

Natalia ran her delicate hands through my bed hair, making me moan. Guess I will be a little late to work today.

Oh well...

~•~

I hurried down the hall while finishing my tie.

A smile grew on my face seeing my girlfriend packing oatmeal into a plastic container with a BLT sandwich already zipped into a bag. This is something I could definitely get used to in the morning. My wife's beautiful, radiant self. My children who'll be running around the house doing who knows what. And the best part... coming home to them will be enough to de-stress me of anything.

Man, I'm so whipped...

My feet quickly took me towards the Angel standing in the kitchen, making breakfast.

~•~

I felt the room temperature drop about ten degrees as I met the distant expression of Kaden Henderson. He remained by the door of my office, where his non-verbal communication held confidence and determination. I had let him in on the Calla situation after he called two days back. Just for a piece of closure for his sister. His words said.

"Are you going to invite me in, Mr. Araceli?" He drawled. I raised my brows at him.

"If you're name is Kaden Henderson, then please, come on in," I sarcastically replied, scouring my palms together after putting down my coffee cup.

I gestured him to have a seat in the chair on the small couch in front of me before taking out a few papers. Kaden proceeded to sit down in front of me, entwining his fingers together along with his elbows resting on the arm rests.

"Before we start, I just want to say something." I nodded and watched him carefully.

"Firstly, thank you for letting me in on your time with this. Second, I can't thank you enough for taking care of my sister. Even though we haven't been talking to each other, I have been asking my family about her. All I've been hearing out of her is Jackson this, Jackson that." The corner of Kaden's mouth twitched up a little. I smiled at my Angel's conversations with her family.