Chapter 37

Natalia's POV
"YOU'RE ALIVE!" The door had blasted open uproariously, hearing a few 'shhs' emanate from the hospital corrider. In came four girls which were known as Vivian, Noelle, my sister Sam, and obviously... wait for it.

"Your best friend in the entire effing world came to see you!" Elena yelled holding one hand in the air which took shape of a peace sign and the other hand full of chocolate bars.

I shook my head and laughed excitedly. I've never been so glad to see them in my life. All the girls hurried towards me and gave me a gathering embrace, yet the embrace was very gentle.

"I missed you so much, sis."

"We love you."

"How's the little one?"

"We're so happy you're okay."

Elena, Vivian, Noelle, and Sam were all talking at the same time.

"I missed you guys way more than you'll ever know. And... the baby's fine. I'm close to high risk because of what happened, but don't worry. The little one is still there. I just need to be extra careful from now on."

They all nodded with excited smiles on their faces.

The following half hour contained them showing me these stupid Instagram fail videos which did actually make me laugh a lot. Sam brought up the baby and talked about how excited the entire family was. Apparently, my mother had already conversed with the remainder of my family living back in the Netherlands.

Well, at least my mom did the job for me.

Elena gave two of her mega sized chocolate bars to me. "Here. One for you, and one for lil Natalia." She stated, making me wrinkle my eyebrows as she opened up one of the chocolate bars. What is she doing?

I looked at every other person to see them rolling their eyes at Elena. Elena looked up with a line of chocolate smeared at the corner of her mouth.

"What? Eat up baby mama. You're hurting the chocolate bars' feelings."

I ignored what she said. "What's with the other chocolate bars, Lena?" I asked inquisitively, holding in my laugh.

"Oh yeah, this dimwit really lasered out the expression 'sharing is caring'," Vivian clarified, tossing her hands in the air.

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Noelle spoke up, laughing. My eyes returned to Lena, about to open my mouth.

"Elena Thomps—"

"Sharing isn't caring Nat!" She sang out before I could threaten her to share.

"See, Nat? Not only is she not sharing, but also not letting those poor chocolate bars experience the pure bliss of other peoples' mouths," Sam complained in a reprimanding tone, shaking her head. "You have a very disrespectful best friend."

"That was the weirdest figure of speech—" Noelle started.

"You guys remind me of my five year old little nephew, I swear." Vivian cut them off, snatching all the candy bars from Elena's hand when she wasn't paying attention.

"Vivian!" Lena shrieked, making me wince. Not good. When Elena's food gets taken away, all hell breaks out. Vivian, get ready for her wrath.

"Aw come on, guys. Do we really have to do this now? Just leave the crazy Siberian chipmunk alone," Sam pleaded, chasing the two girls who'd already ran outside the door. Siberian chipmunk? That's new.

"Sammy? Do me a favor and get a hold of those two before they get themselves into trouble. Or worse, accidentally running into the vultures downstairs." Sam gave me a sweet smile and headed towards me first.