Chapter 24

Jackson's POV
The moment I slipped out of the office, I wasted no time in making my way to my mansion. I had to get my parents to say no to this damned marriage somehow.

Trudging frustratedly to the door, I pressed my hand where there lay a black scanning pad. The door clicked open immediately.

I know I say that Natalia is mine and Natalia will be mine but I still question myself. Why am I doing this? What has gotten into me? Whenever I look at that beautiful Angel they call a woman, it makes me so happy. Her presence alone is enough to make me smile. Whenever I spend time or even talk to her, it makes me feel like I need to hurry up and ask her to be my wife so I could shower her with... with love.

I know what you're thinking, and I've known a week after she confessed which made me over the moon... I fell in love with Natalia Henderson. I fell so fucking hard.

I finally told her.... but I didn't have the balls to say it to her clearly and in English.

I pulled myself up the staircase, skimming over two steps at a time whilst checking the time on my watch. It was currently 5:10 pm.

Placing my hand on my bedroom door handle, I heard Laura's voice.

"Are you sure he won't find out?" Laura asked, assuming she's on the phone.

"For goodness sake! He can't find out that I'm doing this, so you better keep your damn mouth shut!" She screeched which made me cringe. I leaned closer into the door, quite suspiciously.

What the hell? "Who is she talking to?" I questioned myself, confusedly.

Pushing the door open, Laura's eyes sparked up as I strolled in as if I didn't know anything. I crossed my arms against my chest. She ended the call without saying bye and acted like nothing was going on. I'll admit, she's a good actress. "Who was that on the phone, Laura?" I asked, waiting for her to explain the reason for acting like she was about to commit a crime.

She nodded her head slowly while kissing her teeth, and I raised an eyebrow. "Oh the person on the phone? That was just a friend, baby. No need to get jealous. I only have eyes for you and you only." Her face was now really close to mine as she decided to plant a wet kiss on my cheek. I nodded my head slowly.

"So if that was just a friend, then why were yelling at that person to keep quiet about something? If you ask me, that's an odd way of having a friendly conversation with someone," I whispered in her ear.

Chuckling in response, she sent me a flirtatious smile. "Okay, so we're not really friends. I just needed to settle somethings between us." She shrugged it off, causing a black look to spread across my face. What a liar.... a good liar, if you will.

Almost as if we had forgotten we were standing in a room, why we were standing here, and which one of us was going to speak up first. We both continued to stare at each other as if we had no common sense or anything better to do.

Holding a gleeful expression, she tilted her head up a little more as I stared at her as if she were a blank piece of paper. "Ok, babe," I replied, over exaggerating the word 'babe'.

The skeptical feeling within me came back without a doubt, stirring certain and awful emotions about this woman in front of me.

I quietly made my way to the bathroom, not saying another word to Laura.

Shaking my head, I closed the door and eyed my slightly disheveled appearance in the mirror. I looked at the reflection of my face and rubbed the back of my neck in a stressed way.