Chapter 40

Three weeks later...

Nat's POV
Four steps into my work building and the whole thing looked vacant. Too tired to even call out to anyone, I shrug carelessly and walked further past the desk and towards the dull looking elevators.

I took a little sip of my hot mocha while pushing the button to the third floor and my legs crossed, inclining against the hand bar of the lift. Groaning in tiredness from last night, I ran my fingers through my hair to look more alive. Then, extinguishing a breath of air in an attempt to remove the irregular flyaway hanging over my forehead.

Chugging the last of my matcha green tea to the very bottom, I hurled the plastic cup into the blue recycling bin on the way out of the lift.

Peering around the area, I felt like I was forgetting something. I studied everyone's moving bodies, from the makeup artists, to the five models striking their best poses in a line in front of the camera. I suddenly grew all hot when I remembered the sole reason of why I was so exhausted.

My boyfriend. The boyfriend who kept me up just about all night yet again.

I blushed and chuckled lowly about our fun little night while paying a hand on my eight week bump. Oh! And not to mention that pregnancy is really draining. Morning sickness is still there just not as frequent as before.

"Natalia!" A voice called, pulling me into an embrace.

"You're finally here! It's busy around here today." I pulled back to notice the face of my manager, Claire, staring at me with one huge grin.

"Claire!" I exclaimed. Yes, it's been a solid three weeks of back to work and it's been a relief.

Sure, vacationing was fun while it lasted but... I think I've had a long enough break if you know what I mean. After all, my whole holiday break wasn't just filled with all cupcakes and rainbows.

I cleared my throat uncomfortably as the memories of that one week filled my mind. A week that was full of terror and justice at the same time. Forever engraved in my brain. "How's the little one?" She whispered, leaning in closely.

"Good! We have an appointment in two days." Claire slides her arm around my shoulders and leads me towards the changing rooms.

"That's great, Nat. I can't believe you're going to be a mother."

"I know, my family is so excited they can barely keep from announcing it to the whole world. I'm not planning to say anything to the press until they see for themselves. I'd like to stay out of their annoying rumors for as long as possible."

She nodded before her phone started ringing. Claire patted my shoulder and said, "Okay, enough talking! You need to get ready before the photographer is done!" She rushed out before strutting away to answer her calls.

Realizing how Claire could slip up sometimes when speaking to people connected to the tabloids, I dashed back towards my manager and called out to her while fast walking in her direction. When I turned her quick-strolling frame to me, she gazed upward at me in shock.

She immediately covered the face of the phone she was holding and whispered irritatedly, "Natalia, you should be in the changing rooms. Last time the photographer had to wait, she nearly bailed on us. And we can't afford that or we'll be off schedule."

Claire didn't look amused. She was certainly in her hardcore work mode and was likely on the phone with another one of her clients or publicist. "If it's not that significant, you need to chop chop before that shoot over there is finished. So how about it?"