Chapter 35

Natalia's POV
It's been awhile since I woke up back in the cell and I felt extremely worried. I've been taking in the consistent sounds of gunshots, hollering, and running footsteps coming from upstairs.

I sat curled into the corner of the cemented cell wall, my head between my knees as somebody walked in. I raised my head up to see the person's weirdly expensive looking shoes as they leaned against the wall right in front of me.

"Help me out, will you Natalia?" The person asked. It was probably another one of his stupid men here to abuse me.

"It depends... does it involve shooting you in the face?" I answered, not taking the time to glance up.

"I would watch your choice of words, young lady. That is no way to address your father slash savior."

I gazed upward in surprise and soon in awe as I saw my father indeed standing there with a grin and tears pooling in his eyes. If there's one thing I knew about my father, is that he never cried. I guess there's always a first time for everything.

"Dad!" I exclaimed while throwing myself around him. He responded by hugging me just as tight with me ignoring the painful screams of my bruised body.

"I'm so glad you're alive, mijn lieve meid. You have no idea what everyone went through at home," He whispered into my ear, rubbing my back. I exhaled out in comfort but then pulled back.

"Who else is here, dad? Where's Jackson?!" Adam and his morons better not have done anything to him or to any other person I love.

"Calm down, honey. As much as I would prefer not to admit this... he has everything figured out. There's no need for you to get all worked up. It's bad for you to stress right now anyway."

I wrinkled my eyebrows, yet he dismissed my look as he gently led me to the metal door. As dad and I ran like our lives depended on it, another sharp pain surged in my stomach.

The overprotective side of my father came out as I grunted in agony. He quickly asked if I was okay and put his hands on my shoulders, massaging them.

"Oh no you guys don't," A southern accent sneered. It was that unmistakable, sickening voice of the man who perved and offended me a couple days back in the cell.

We snapped our heads up immediately to see that he already had his Glock 17 pulled out and pointed at not my dad, but me. "It's nice to see you again Mr. Henderson. How's life outside the mafia?" The guy who's name I remembered as Felix mockingly asked, the gun making a cocking sound.

"Really Watson..." Dad trailed off, surveying him while remaining before me in a protective stance. I truly was becoming tired of these people and them continuing endlessly with their imbecilic dangers and attacks.

"You either let your smokin' hot daughter go or I can just kill her instead."

My dad tensed.

"You can just leave Felix, unless you want it to turn ugly. I'm a mafia man that believes in second chances but... my patience only goes so far," Dad all of a sudden stated calmly, or well... in a more terrifying tone. My eyes automatically examined the pig in disgust. His confidence was gradually subsiding and fear was halfway in control, judging by his somewhat shaking hand. Felix's face had gone pale unexpectedly which shocked me, but my father stood there calmly.

"Too bad I don't believe in second chances." Kaden stood there with a hard look at Felix's diminishing body on the messy ground with a gun and bloody dagger in his hand. He raised his head to watch me as I limped my way to him. Wow, he looked extremely furious, and I realized that outrage wasn't aimed towards me.