Chapter 38

Thank you for the 1k votes and the 7k readers! You guys are da bessstttt!!!❤️❤️❤️

Natalia's POV
I became very alert in my seat as soon as I saw a stir happening from Jackson. Gathering the bottle of water in my hands, I scooted a little closer to the bed side in deep anticipation. My breathing increased, feeling both nervous and excited that he was most likely waking up.

It's been a whole week since I've been out of the hospital, and I haven't spent my days anywhere else but here. Paparazzi were still going at it outside and nothing was more annoying than them yelling out inappropriate questions. Not only that, Laura's death is all over the tabloids and the vultures are asking me how I feel about it.

Of course I wasn't happy nor sad about her death, but I didn't answer at all. What was nice was that the day I went home to my parents' house after I got out of the hospital is that my friends from work, family from the Rotterdam, my manager, and even Rachael came to visit me with open hugs which was weird. It was nice to be surrounded by friends and family after that long week of misery.

The only person that wasn't there was Kaden. Am I surprised? No. Do I care? No. Well.... maybe a little since I still care about him and love him, but Kaden hasn't spoken to me since that day happened.

I was still angry at him and right now, I don't even want to worry about that because Jack's beautiful face was the dominating thought on my mind.

"Ms. Henderson, I'm gonna need you to scoot back to the side of the room," The nurse said, her hand on my back. "I'm not kicking you out. I just need to make sure everything is okay with him."

My head snapped up and glared at the nurse. Her eyes widened in worry before she sighed. She can do her work with me sitting here where I can still see him up close.

"Where is she?" My head lowered down to the face where the raspy sound came from, only to see that his eyes were still closed. My eyes widen in excitement

Going back and forth between the hospital and home without progress everyday was tiring. It's eight in the morning and I've been sitting here for two hours at the most. Elena and Noelle had already brought me some food made by my mother and I was more than thankful that they were understanding with my moodiness. They offered me hugs and told me to take care. No words were spoken between us.

"Morning, sir. How are you feeling? Any pain?" The nurse asked, inspecting his half naked body. I squinted my eyes suspiciously at the way her French manicured hands adjusted her scrubs in a presentable way with a wanting look in her eyes.

Okay, I know she's not doing what I think she's doing.

"I'm fine." He grunted out. "Where's Natal—" He started, but once his blue eyes settled on me, his words came to an abrupt stop. My mouth opened, wanting to say something but nothing came out. The nurse mumbled something about getting the doctor before her footsteps echoed away out of this room.

I quickly gave him the bottled water I had in my hands and looked away with a smile. After he drank like his life depended on it, I felt his cold hand gently caressing my chin. Once my eyes met his, he smiled.

"Hey Angel," He whispered with such softness that I felt myself sigh in relief. His fingers played with the strands of hair that framed my face.

"Hi," I responded quietly, grinning like crazy.

"I seem to remember hearing you tell me how much you loved me while I was out..."

I blushed and nodded, taking a hold of his hand in mine.

"Yeah. So?" I drawled out, stifling my laugh while covering my mouth with the other hand.

He narrowed his eyes playfully before he gestured me to come closer to him. As I leaned forward, he kissed my cheek.