Chapter 20

Eros (Jackson's) POV

Frustrated.

Frustration is all I feel right now. It's not helping that my parents — or more like my mother, set me up in an unnecessary situation. "What do you say we—" She started, but I cut her off. "What are you doing here Laura?"

I stared out the window as we sat in a booth at a local French cafe near the Grand Palais. "What do you mean, babe? We're here on a date," She answered innocently. Laura Charleston was anything but innocent.

Laura was simply a bitch. Seeing as I had no idea what she was doing here in general, I had to get the answer out of her at some point. So far, she was acting like she didn't do anything wrong. When in reality, she has done a lot of things wrong.

I had a strange feeling that she had this all planned out in her head because that was just how horrible she was. "Laura for the last time, this isn't a date. Stop acting like you didn't do anything wrong," I seethed, already losing my tiny ounce of patience with her.

This woman is vexing! I pinched the bridge of my nose, more angry than frustrated now. As much as I wanted to punch someone in the face right now, I knew that it wouldn't make this situation go away anytime soon. I just couldn't believe my mother put me up to this which is why I want to bring Natalia to dinner back at home. To show them the beautiful girl that has basically obliterated my player ways because of how amazing she is. Inside and out...

"Then your little side of the deal is off."

And I thought Adam was bad which he is, and I would quickly take the opportunity to kill him. But in this situation, I would love nothing more than to just snap Laura's neck right now. How did I even allow myself to sleep with this awful woman?! I'm really disgusted with myself for stooping this low just because I couldn't keep my hormonal self under control.

"Like hell it is. Laura, you better leave Natalia the fuck alone or I swear I'll ruin you," I warned her in my low, dark tone. She smirked, but I could easily tell through that facade of hers that she was taken aback.

"Only if you promise me one thing."

I thought about it for a moment then realized that if I didn't give her what she wanted, she wasn't going to leave my girl alone.

"What" I said through a sigh, waiting for her to proceed.

"If you stay away from Natalia, I won't let Adam hurt her." Her statement made me look at her in surprise. What?

"What did you just say?" I slightly yelled, trying to contain my anger and irritation. How did she know who Adam was? I took a deep breath and closed my eyes calmly. Calm down Jackson. Try refraining from ripping her hair out. "You heard me, babe." She had a victory smile on her face.

"I don't know what you want out of this Laura or what you know about Adam, but if this situation leads to hurting my angel I will ruin you. Mark my words," I said threatening her and about to get up from the seat. "Don't you dare get up from this booth! And don't you ever call her that again. You're my fiancé!" She exclaimed a little too loud to where some heads turned in the cafe.

What is actually wrong with her? If she yells anymore, suspicions would rise with the press. I really don't want the world knowing about Laura and I. I shook my head, standing up by the booth.

"If you want to talk, let's start by answering how you know Adam." I raised my eyebrows at her and she suddenly looked a little nervous.

"And why would that be important? You have me all to yourself now." She intertwined our fingers together after saying that. I snatched my hand out of her grip and stared at her, letting her know that I'm not playing around.