Chapter 26

Natalia's POV
"Mmm...mmm..." I groaned painfully as the morning rays of sunlight were on the bridge of peeking through the ridiculously tall buildings of New York, causing me this time to hiss in sheer disapproval. God, how drunk did I get last night? My head is pounding, and my eyes feel like they're getting shot repeatedly with a rifle.

I stretched my arms out a little and yawned. Getting a little confused as to why there was a desk with office supplies settled on it, I looked down to see that I was on a couch. I glanced around frantically seeing several drawers, a pile of files on the desk, and finally some crumpled up clothes appearing on the floor. Clothes that were definitely mine and... is that a suit?!

In total shock, I froze when something heavy on my side shifted slightly. An arm was draped over my... naked body?! Why the holy tamale am I naked?! That's when I realized that I was not in fact waking up in my room at all.

"Mr. Walker, are you in there?" A muffled voice outside his door asked, assuming it was one of his workers knocking softly at his door. I have no flipping clue what time it is, but I know it's too early to have people already coming in. It must be his personal assistant here to give him his coffee. Gnawing nervously on my nails, I threw Jackson's arm off my side which then hit him in the face. A groan escaped his mouth.

Oops...

"Mr. Walker?" I shot up like a rocket much to my pain, to slide on my undergarments, my dress from last night, and relaxed both heels loosely on my index finger.

I frantically pivoted to catch sight of Jackson already perched up. He had a very out of it look on his face when we made full eye contact. This is awkward.

"Not now, Ms. Branson. Come back with the coffee in thirty minutes," Jackson half shouted while lowering his head onto one hand, his tired expression morphing into pain.

The pattering of heels outside the door sounded as the woman started walking away without a word. As soon as Jackson lifted up to rest his chin on his hand, I gave him a straight lined smile. It wasn't hard to get that we most likely did it together last night, but it didn't hurt to ask. I mean, I couldn't remember a thing.

"Are you aware of what happened last night? And not to mention in your office?" I didn't mean to sound like a crab because believe me, I knew whatever happened last night was equally both our faults. It's just that this pounding headache was getting the best of my emotions.

"Yes, I'm fully aware. But to be honest, I don't really regret it," He answered in that sultry morning voice of his.

"But Jackson, you just cheated on her! Oh god I'm such a bad person! What—," Jackson hastily cut me off, about to say something. Loud repetitive banging on the door suddenly burst the quiet air, making both of us cringe in pain. The loud sound made my head feel like it was going to explode. How bad was this hangover?!

It was like someone took a huge ass jackhammer and put it right next to my ear!

"Just think of last night as closure. Don't—" The door was pounded on once more, and he glared in that direction.

Closure? You're kidding...

Jackson grumbled before standing up, shining his nakedness. A blush crossed the horizon of my face as I looked away. Yes I've seen him in his glory, but that didn't mean I was going to get used to it anytime soon.

Jackson plucked his scrunched up clothes from the floor and briefly put them on before slogging his way to the door, infuriatingly. "Ms. Branson, you have a lot of nerve continuously knocking on my door like this when I told you to come back in precisely thirty minutes!" He growled after swinging open the door.