Chapter 15

Natalia's POV
"Did you know that Jackson's downstairs right now?" Sam smirked, her eyes gazing from me to her door. "Why? Is that your way of telling me that I need to get out of your room." I asked, quirking a brow at her. My sister said nothing and just dragged me towards her door. "I'm sorry, but you really need to work out whatever is going on between you two," She said, pushing me further towards the stairs, grabbing her door handle to close the door.

What the hell is there to make up? I admit there has been a lot of tension between us ninety-nine percent of the time, but we have nothing going on with each other. Besides, it's been getting better.

In spite of the fact that I was protesting, Sam didn't hesitate to literallyand I mean literally push me down the stairs. There I go... tumbling down and eventually hitting my face on the tile floor of my living room which made my day because my brother and Jackson happened to see me eat shit. The struggle is damn real...

Embarrassed, I start to get up very uneasily while brushing off the non-existent dirt on my jeans. Hopefully that doesn't leave a bruise on my face. I can't show up to work with half of my face all bruised, especially because an occasion is coming up; fashion week is almost here! "Hey sis. How'd the floor taste?" Kaden asked smirking while Jackson stood there laughing at me.

I glared at Jackson, but he replied by blowing me a kiss. "Jackson, unless you want something to happen to your balls, I'd shut up." I said in a sing-song voice while walking up to them. "Getting kinky are we?" His beautiful, stupid face still remained with that sinfully sexy grin of his. "Jackson, really? She's my sister... sadly." I gasped in fake hurt at Kaden's comment which resulted in him shaking his head. "What I'm saying is that Natalia is off limits." He stated sternly. I was shocked cause that's the first time in a very long while that he's been this protective.

Which reminds me! "Kaden, a word..," I said as I dragged him to the gazebo in the backyard.

"Let go of my fucking hand, Natalia," Kaden yanked his hand out of my grasp and glared. "Okay, but I just need to ask you about some things!" Kaden raised his eyebrows in a way that was supposed to tell me to hurry up. "It's necessary at this point that you be completely and one hundred percent honest towards me for the purposes of your life being taken away by just the swing of my fist." He rolls his eyes as if he were saying 'yeah right' in his mind.

"Natalia, I'm not stupid to not know what this is about." He stopped me as I was about to open my mouth. He probably knows that this was gonna be about him and Elena.

"Great, then can you start with how and why you kissed Elena?" I asked, curiously even though I was excited that for one, Elena as she would say, fulfilled one of her lifetime dreams. And two, do you know how long it's been since Kaden got romantically involved with someone? Anyways, Kaden's gaze was unsurprisingly emotionless.

"No." He blatantly disagreed before walking away. 

"Kaden! Please just wait!" When he sharply turned back around, his face held fury settling in the the pool of his eyes.

"Fuck off, Natalia. We just happened to hang out because we were both bored." I waited for him to continue as I wasn't giving up this easily. Kaden really needs to start opening up to others better. It's been way too long since he's been this way.

I stayed silent for a couple of seconds.

"Well, at least tell me if you liked the kiss." Kaden sighed in complete and utter annoyance. "What is with you girls and all this lovey-dovey crap?" He muttered to himself while pinching the bridge of his nose. "Come on, Kaden. This is your first romantic encounter with someone in a very long time, and that someone is my best friend. So of course I'm going to want the details!" It seems like he finally gave in, but at the same time he seemed very frustrated.