Chapter 22

Natalia POV
Two relaxing weeks have passed by since fashion week ended which by the way, was a success. However, the constant reminder of Jackson texting me over and over again about meeting his parents tomorrow was throwing me off.

"Vivian! You were supposed to pre-heat the oven before putting the cornbread in!" Elena's groan could be heard throughout the huge house.

Yes, to answer your questions, we are currently making some food before everybody comes over. Vivian had invited tons of people to her house that we might as well call it a darn Friendsgiving party.

I rolled my eyes and stopped arranging the living room to go to the kitchen to see Elena burying her face in her hands and Vivian just laughing as she realized her mistake of not even turning on the oven. The first step to baking... "So I'm guessing the food is coming along great?" I asked, teasing them for the heck of it.

"Oh it's comin' along just fine," Vivian says with a snort. Clearly, Elena wasn't exactly amused at the moment as she gave Vivian a slight frown. "Aw, come on Elena! Turn that frown upside down!" I started laughing when Vivian put her two index finger on the corner of Elena's mouth and tried pushing them upward. But Elena only ended up looking like a chipmunk because she didn't smile.

"Vivian I will castrate you!" Elena snapped, removing Vivian's fingers from her mouth.

"Excuse me, are you assuming my gender? Cause if you are, I don't appreciate it, young lady. That's just rude of you." Vivian blamed and ran to me to hug me tightly, acting like a drama queen.

Lena just stared at Vivian like she just escaped a psych ward or something. Then started bursting out laughing so loud that the neighbors were probably cringing at the disturbing sounds interrupting their nice, quiet evening. What kind of friends did I get involved with? I started stifling my laugh.

"Vivian! You.... c-crack me up!" Elena was now holding her stomach. Okay, didn't know it was that funny. Vivian was raising her brows at Elena, holding a 'really' look on her face.

Vivian shook her head. "Jesus, Elena!" She yelled at her over the noise of the rambunctious laughter, clearly telling her to shut up.

"Okay, okay I'm done..."

"Good, because we need to get going with all the food before everyone gets here." Vivian said, walking towards the stove and turned it on. Elena looked Vivian up and down. "You really think that I'm going to let you cook that? You couldn't even turn the oven on before putting in the cornbread! What makes you think that I could trust you not to burn down this house?" Vivian turn towards her. "Well, this is my house. So if I burn it down, I'll be the one to get murdered if I'm not already by the fire."

"If you don't die and I do, I'll be sure to haunt you everywhere you go," Elena said, getting a couple stuff out of the fridge.

Deciding to be the good friend that I am, I grabbed the stuff from Elena's arm full of food and put them on the counter. Rubbing my hands together, I bent down a little to get the trays and pots needed for the food. Baking delicious, chocolate chip goodness would do wonders for one of the desserts tonight.

Elena made a quick announcement that she was going to go arrange the table in the center of Vivian's huge living room. Once she was gone, Vivian started making gagging sounds. I looked at her weirdly, and she gave me a guilty look while grinning like an idiot. "What did you do?"

Of course, there was no hesitation in me going to find out what this girl did. As soon as my face gets hit by the steam of what was supposed to smell like heavenly food, was hit with a more putrid scent. "Aw Vivian! What the hell is this?" My voice was muffled by my hand covering almost my whole face.