32

As soon as i walked in with Justin next to me, i could practically feel Alec's anger towards me.

I didn't understand why. He was staring at me the entire night, rolling his eyes whenever I'd speak and scoffing at any interaction I'd have with Justin.

I was doing nothing wrong and he was here acting like a child. And I thought his pissy mood had dissipated after our evening at the pool.

So, me being me..obviously tried to piss him off even more.

I mean, we might not be as close as before but.. he's still one of my best friends.

Reasonably so, i stuck my tongue out at him.

Of course.

He stared daggers at me, his face still tense.

Geez..wrong crowd.

I widened my eyes at Justin, noticing that he saw the whole thing.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around me.

"Don't worry, he's just being stupid right now." He whispered in my ear.

"Clearly," I whispered back. "His poor date." He smiled at me before looking back at Elena.

"So how did you guys meet?" He asked them.

Elena stared at her girlfriend, Sarah, then at her mother before laughing awkwardly.

"Oh, just at a coffee shop."

•••

"So, Sofia, anything going on with you? Any boyfriends?" Jenna asked.

We were heading to the Adams household.

Dinner had been fun, apart from Alec constantly staring at me.

Jenna decided we should head home and play games.

I didn't really have anything better to do so i agreed.

That and..Jenna Woods is the best person to be around.

That woman, despite her age, managed to make everything fun and light hearted.

"Not for me." I chuckled. "Still as single as ever." Alec wasn't around so I needn't pretend.

"Hey, thats good." She smiled at me. "Being single is good. I would know." She winked.

I smiled at her.

•••

"Haha! Take that, loser." I stuck my tongue out at Elena, gloating.

Jenna, Justin and I were in the same team while Elena and her girlfriend Sarah were in their own team and Alec with his date for the night.

We were doing pretty well, but of-course the losers over there would say it's because we had 3 members in our team.

I think it's just because they're bad.

Jenna and Justin were laughing at my reaction as i danced in front of the losing teams.

Clearly im a bit competitive.

I looked at Alec and noticed he was still as tense as he was when we started.

What's up with him?

I shrugged before sitting back down next to Justin.

"Do you know what's wrong with Alec?" I whispered.

"Nah, he wont talk to anyone. Poor girl wrapped around him is probably having a shit time but, he's being an idiot and not realizing."

I looked at the girl. She did seem pretty bored.

Jenna tried to get her to talk but she seemed shy.

I think her name was Talia.

"Hey, Talia right?" I smiled. "So where did you meet Alec?" I asked, trying to include her more in the conversation.

"Uh, just at a party." She blushed, clearly surprised at the attention.

"Do you go to our school?" I asked as i reached on the table to get a handful of pop corn.

"Uh yeah, im not in any of your classes though.." she trailed off.

"Oh that's okay, maybe you can hang out with us at breaks." I smiled at her.

She looked nervously at Alec who seemed even angrier now at our interaction.

"What are you doing Sofia?" He asked. I think it might've been the first thing he said in an hour.

"Huh?"

"Stop barging in my relationship, leave her alone." He said.

I widened my eyes.

"Geez, calm down, i was only trying to have a conversation. It's not like i was being mean or anything-"

"Just mind your own business." He snaps and i shrink back in myself, hurt with the way he's suddenly treating me.

I looked at Justin who was as surprised as i was.

"Ugh, come on Talia let's go to my room." He took her hand and left.

"..what'd i ever do to him?"

•••

"Sorry about Alec." Justin said as he dropped me off at my house. "I don't know what's up with him, I'll talk to him today."

"No, it's okay." I smiled. "He's probably going through some things, just let him be."

He sighed.

"Um, i had fun today, besides the whole Alec thing. Thank you." I grinned before leaning over to hug him.

He hugged me back, his hands lingering on my waist as i pulled away.

He cleared his throat.

"I'll uh- I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay." I smiled.

He kissed my cheek and i felt my heart skip a beat. For the second time today. What is wrong with me. I waved at him shyly before i turned around and headed back into my house.

I could hear him pull out of the driveway as i locked the front door to my house.

I cleared my throat as I noticed how big i had been smiling ever since i walked in and placed a hand on my racing heart.

What's happening?

•••
And another 3 years later :D

Again, im sorry. Im just a lazy piece of shit. That, and im in vacation right now and I didn't have internet in my apartment for a while so I couldn't post anything.

Anyway, not too proud of this chapter.

I haven't proof read so please don't judge 😭 I'll end up editing it in a while anyway.

Hope you enjoyed it? If not then, I'll try to do better next time.

Im really sorry its so short, im just not feeling creatuve right now. I promise the next one will be longer.

Thank you for reading 💜

✌🏼