51

"Would you be available to work weekends?"

"Yes."

The woman smiles at my quick reply, obviously noting my desperateness. I didn't bother feeling embarrassed, i was desperate after all. This was the third place i'd tried today. If they didn't accept me, id be ruined.

"Alright Sofia, everything looks great so far," she says as she collects all the papers she's been scribbling on for the past half hour. "I can't say anything yet but, you can expect a call this evening."

I smile as we stand up, relief filling my senses.

"Thank you so much, I'll be waiting for your call."

-

Justin

The insistent knocks on my door started to get quite annoying after ignoring it for the past hour. My sister was anything but annoying. That's more Alec's thing. However, insistence was her biggest talent and it made me want to rip my hair out.

"God Elena, what?!" I shouted at the door, not bothering to get up from bed. At my shout she barged in, face red with anger.

"Thanks for ignoring me for a whole decade asshole!"

"You would've gotten the hint if i ignored you for a whole decade."

"Yeah, you'd think so." She snaps back and i look up from my phone, placing it down with a sigh.

"What is it you need dear sister?"

"Have you heard from Sofia?"

It's like even at the mention of her name my heart starts beating a little faster. I clear my throat and shake my head no.

"No, I haven't. Why?" I cant help but ask. I've been trying to stay away from the girl but i can't help my curiosity.

She curses at my answer and starts pacing. "She's been missing from school for the past week and not answering any of my messages. I even went to her house a few days ago and she wasn't there. I don't know what's up with her."

I can't help but feel a pang of guilt hit my chest at her words. I hadn't even made the move to look up from my book at school at the dread of seeing her. Maybe if i paid more attention, I would've known this too.

"Yeah well I haven't heard anything from her." I pick my phone back up again and try to act indifferent but it's hard when all i can think about is her.

My phone gets slapped out of my hands, anyway. I look up to my angry sister to see her scoff.

"Stop being a goddamn child! Suck what ever you have going on with Sofia up and help me find her. Shes your friend too."

Yeah. Shes my friend, too. Just that.

Eventually, i end up agreeing to help Elena find her best friend.

I've convinced myself thats the only reason i'm doing it, not because im falling for the girl and the idea of her having feelings for my brother crushes me on the inside out.

Or, because im so worried about her I couldn't think straight. Definitely not that.

I knock on the door with a baited breath and only hope that it'll be her opening the door, even if Elena said she wasn't here.

To my dismay, it wasn't her pretty hand opening the door and instead her sister's.

I can't help the disappointed breath that leaves my body at the sight of Selena standing in front me.

She raises an eyebrow at my reaction. "Gheez, i'm happy to see you too, dick."

I dont bother feeling bad and instead get right into it. "Is Sofia here?"