43

Song above doesn't have anything to do w the chapter but im obsessed w it and would loveee if u listened to it atleast once thanks babies, stream seven🤭🤭😌😍🥰😘😜 (ps listen to the explicit ver too if you're feeling frisky😏)

My heart stops. Well, not literally but it sure as hell feels like it.

After so long, pining and longing after this very man in front of me, he's finally asking me the words i could only dream of for my entire life. And I can't seem to answer.

The answer should be yes Alec, id wish nothing more.

Right?

Yet, the only thing i can focus on is the way Justin immediately straightens himself up, turns around and leaves.

I take a deep shaky breath and lightly pinch my wrist to make sure this is really happening.

I open my mouth to answer more times than i can count but the room remains painfully still.

Alec is sitting next to me, a hand on my knee as he smiles charmingly at me, no doubt sure that i would say yes any moment right. I had been so painfully obviously in love with him, even he had to have an idea at this point. But for the first time, I couldn't prove him right. My body physically wasn't letting me.

"It's not that i don't want to-" I start and his face falls. My heart cracks a little, past me was definitely cursing me out in every language there was. I couldn't help but feel like i was betraying her a little. This had been my dream for so long. Why couldn't i say yes already?

My brain shouted the same name over and over again as a response but i ignored it.

My mouth speaks on its own "but i think i just need some time to think-"

Think about what?

How am I considering Justin Adams right now? He was the biggest problem, the only thing standing in between Alec and I a few years ago and now im rejecting him because of him?

Was i sick? I needed to go for a check up after this.

The curly haired boy slumps back on the couch and sighs disappointedly.
"It's cause of Justin isn't it?" Alec suddenly asks and my eyes widen.

My lack of response must've been enough of an answer for him as he nods his head and stands up.

"It's fine," he continues, smiling at me. "That wasn't a no and im willing to wait as long as i have to." And then he leaves.

There was no way this was my life right now. It almost felt like an alternate reality, one that was based off of all my dreams since the ripe age of fourteen. Alec asked me out.. and i didn't say yes? I don't even get time to ponder on it because as soon as i get up from my seat to head to Elena's room, a hand harshly grips my forearm and pulls me into the hallway.

Its the hallways connecting the living room to their kitchen. It's fairly isolated from any eyes and so dark that I can't properly make out the features of the person who grabbed me until they push their face in front of mine.

Dark eyebrows are furrowed in anger and theres no doubt in my mind that Justin heard Alec's question for me. His normally honey brown eyes have a green tinge to them now, as they stare into my soul. My breath hitches at our close proximity.

After what happened last night, I don't think i can ever be this close to him like this again. Ignoring my rapidly beating heart, i push at his chest in faux anger just to create a distance between us again so i can breathe.

"What the hell Justin?" I ask, startled from the way he had suddenly grabbed me.

He ignores me and leads his hand to my waist, gripping my sides harshly with his hands to still me. My mind momentarily gives me a flashback to the last night we were in this position and I immediately shake the thought away. Looking at Justin however, i can tell he knew what i was thinking as he smirks slightly through his angry expression.