48

Alec rolled his eyes for what felt like the thousandth time tonight after any little thing that left mine or Justin's lips.

Everytime i'd laugh, he'd roll his eyes. If Justin even breathed a little louder, he'd roll his eyes.

It was getting damn annoying, and i could tell Justin felt the same after the last time Alec had interrupted what he was saying with a loud sigh.

Justin just clenched his jaw and continued anyway. But from the uncomfortable shifting of everyone's feet, i could tell they were getting uncomfortable with the tense environment between the two.

I was scared to look at Elena's direction for too long, knowing the girl was more annoyed than anyone at the way her brothers were behaving. Everyone knew why they were like this too. Because of me.

I ruined their brotherhood. Elena didn't have to say anything for me to get it. I felt like garbage.

Fortunately, (note my sarcasm), Alishia didn't seem to mind in the slightest that Justin wasn't in a good mood. Instead, she took it as an opportunity to stick herself to him again, seeing he didn't have the energy to push her off.

I blew the hair on my face as she bumped into me and took my side next to the boy.

This girl had some fucking nerve.

"Yikes." Muttered Beth, her green eyes squinting in amusement at what happened.

"Tell me about it." I mutter, pushing hair away from my face and letting the taller girl have her way. She can have Justin for now, I already knew who he really wanted to be with.

It sounded cocky, but i wasn't in the mood to care.

"She's nice." Beth says in a high pitched voice, clearly trying to say the opposite.

I deadpan at her. "She's nice the same way you're nice."

"Hey jeez no need to attack me!" She puts her arms up in defence and it pulls a small smile from my face.

"So you hate her huh?" She asks as we walk home, Justin and Alishia walking ahead of everyone while Alec walks on the side by himself and Elena with her girlfriend behind Beth and i.

"Not hate," i mutter, playing with my nails. "Just wish she wasn't here."

Beth hums in agreement. "Because you're jealous?" She asks and my head snaps to her.

"No!" I defend myself with a scoff. "Why would i be jealous, Justin and I aren't even there yet." Even to my own ears it sounds fake.

"Righttt." The girl says with a knowing smile on her face.

I roll my eyes. So what if i was jealous.

I had a right to be. It was supposed to be our night.

He liked me. If only Alec didn't come and ruin it.

I steal a glance at the boy and hes walking with both his hands in his pocket, head down staring at the ground.

Despite my passionate hatred for him right now, I couldn't help but feel a pang in my chest at the sight of him.

He looked sad and well.. lonely.

Maybe the words i'd used to tell him i was going to reject him were to harsh. I made a mental note to apologise when i speak to him next.

When I look back at my friend, she's studying me, staring back and forth between Alec and I.

"Listen Sof.." she starts, wringing her hands together. "About that money you lent us,"

Her voice grows quiet as she speaks, hiding what she's saying from the rest of the group and i'm reminded i was the only one she had trusted with that information before everything went to shit.